Plat charge courtesy call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini2

Established Member
Got a phone call from this number earlier this morning (03 86085000), asking for feedback re the card itself and at the end of the call, the operator on the call says there's going to be 1 bonus points for every dollar spent up to 20k and/or before 30 June 2013, whichever comes first.

Then again my annual fee is up in a couple of weeks time, I suspect this can be related.

interesting, the worm appears to be turning with regard to the degraded points earn. i expected this - they must have seen a lot of cancellations coming through.

Yes they need to do something for loyal card members, stil awaitng the call .......

Explains where a missed call this morning came from!

Darn! I have had another company chasing me (telemarketing, not debt collecting!) so now I'm ignoring calls...

I've been looking forward to this call!!! *claws out*

Darn! I have had another company chasing me (telemarketing, not debt collecting!) so now I'm ignoring calls...

I've been looking forward to this call!!! *claws out*

Can't call them back... It is a company that provides calling services on behalf of other companies...

Just managed to accept the call...

I told them that the points earn and changes to travel insurance have devalued the product for me... Especially the TI and that the points allocation does not work as intended as HotelClub and Agoda etc don't post automatically because their merchant codes are not 'travel'.

I did however accept the bonus points which makes it
Restaurants = 4pts
Travel/FX = 3pts
Other = 2pts
Utilities/Telcos = 1.5pts

Cynic in me says lots of people have been cancelling etc... and that the implementation of the changes (such as examples above) has been poor. Also the cynic in me says they are calling as my annual fee is due to charge soon (but in reality it is probably just a total portfolio initiative)

Darn! I didn't take the call on my home phone or mobile last Friday because I didn't recognise the number. My annual fee is due in January. An extra point per $ is certainly a nice gesture; I hope they call me back... :-|

Darn! I didn't take the call on my home phone or mobile last Friday because I didn't recognise the number. My annual fee is due in January. An extra point per $ is certainly a nice gesture; I hope they call me back... :-|

They should do... I missed their call in the morning and then after I saw this post I made sure I answered the one in the afternoon!!

Just managed to accept the call...

I told them that the points earn and changes to travel insurance have devalued the product for me... Especially the TI and that the points allocation does not work as intended as HotelClub and Agoda etc don't post automatically because their merchant codes are not 'travel'.

I did however accept the bonus points which makes it
Restaurants = 4pts
Travel/FX = 3pts
Other = 2pts
Utilities/Telcos = 1.5pts

Cynic in me says lots of people have been cancelling etc... and that the implementation of the changes (such as examples above) has been poor. Also the cynic in me says they are calling as my annual fee is due to charge soon (but in reality it is probably just a total portfolio initiative)

I think the cynic in you is justified....as my renewal is not far off either.

Is capped at 20K.

So I will grab what I can pre-year finishing.....and then cancel unless they weaken further on renewal.

Without the insurance this card is not as good.

A mere 20K will not keep me on board.

Well according to the cancellations department, there is no such offer and there is nothing they could do for me to keep me as a customer. even though I've had an amex for 18 years and currently hold 3 cards!

Well I've got $200 off last year and others have reportedly getting their annual fee halved.

Perhaps they don't care about cancellations anymore?

Well I've got $200 off last year and others have reportedly getting their annual fee halved.

Perhaps they don't care about cancellations anymore?

They definitely aren't reducing the fee..

And no, although they trumpet to you on the phone that they don't want you to cancel, they don't even offer you anything to stay. They seem to think the card has it all..

While this doesn't sound like a particularly great offer (although better than nothing), it's exactly why I decided to hold on to my Plat Charge for a few months beyond 1 October - I figure there's a good chance the various changes Amex made are going to have a bigger impact on spend amounts and cancellations than they'd predicted, and hence offers will start appearing to retain cardholders and/or some additional features will be added to the card to increase perceived value.

All that being said, I haven't received the call myself :D

For those who have: do you all have Plat Charge? Or also some other cards? And do these bonus points apply on top of the existing points caps - i.e. if you've already blown through your annual bonus point cap, do you still get the 20,000 bonus points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back