Planning the XONE5. Surface segments | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Planning the XONE5. Surface segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonman

Flights
My Map
Just doing a check on mileage monkey and I see that LHR and LGW count as a surface segment? Is this correct or is there a "same city rule"?

Dave Noble

Sounds right

It has been suggested that if you can manage to get the airline to issue it as LON rather than the specific airport, you might be able to avoid the surface sector.

Dave

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Dave Noble

dragonman said:
JUST to clarify LGW LHR is a surface segment?
Yes.

If you have a sector XXX-LGW followed by a sector LHR-YYY, then there is a surface sector LGW-LHR

Dave

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I believe LHR and LGW count as same city for fares that restrictions on the number if transits/stopovers in single city. But for the new segment limits rules on OneWorld Explorer, I do believe LHR-LGW would constitute a surface sector and hence count as one segment.

Keith009

Established Member
Has anyone talked to AA about the co-located airport issue yet?

According to the oneworld folks on FT, QF does not count airport changes as segments, but BA does. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enrico