Perils of Flying | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Perils of Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Tuesday September 25, 11:01 AM No penalty for mid-flight bath

A man has escaped penalty despite annoying his fellow passengers by bathing in an aircraft washroom.

The Chinese man was making full use of the aircraft's facilities, including hot running water, for more than 30 minutes, according to a report in the Chongqing Morning Post.

After fellow passengers, anxious to use the toilet, complained to flight attendants, the door was opened to find the half naked man covered in water.

The man, who it was reported had only had cold showers at his lodgings for more than a week, was so brazen he then asked for shampoo to complete his wash.

While obviously put out, the unnamed airline was unable to take action against the passenger as Chinese aviation regulations do not have a clause banning passengers from bathing in a plane's washroom. - Travelpress travel news

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
codash1099 said:
Tuesday September 25, 11:01 AM No penalty for mid-flight bath

A man has escaped penalty despite annoying his fellow passengers by bathing in an aircraft washroom.

The Chinese man was making full use of the aircraft's facilities, including hot running water, for more than 30 minutes, according to a report in the Chongqing Morning Post.

After fellow passengers, anxious to use the toilet, complained to flight attendants, the door was opened to find the half naked man covered in water.

The man, who it was reported had only had cold showers at his lodgings for more than a week, was so brazen he then asked for shampoo to complete his wash.

While obviously put out, the unnamed airline was unable to take action against the passenger as Chinese aviation regulations do not have a clause banning passengers from bathing in a plane's washroom. - Travelpress travel news
I've often thought that the 10 min (or so) that I sometimes use toward the end of a long haul was probably pushing the friendship a little :!: :oops:

Not sure how to be much quicker though for a wash, shave and change of shirt (at least). I could probably be quicker if there was more room but that's not going to happen either.

Reggie

Established Member
codash1099 said:
See now I am famous, I was peeved that the FA didn't give me the shampoo. I think I am going to have to actually read those lounge meeting threads and take some flights with you guys (and gals).

littl_flier

I read in mX yesterday (our funky "Tube" like newspaper in the afternoon) that it was his first time on a flight and that the fellow passengers became concerned as the aisle flooded with water. Now that's one hell of a sponge bath. ;) Headline was something along the lines of: "The Milehigh Tub".

Poor ol guy!

JohnK

Veteran Member
Good on him. If you don't have lounge access then the best place for a wash is the bathroom on the aircraft. Either that or....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kavette