PER - LAX on points, and paid | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

PER - LAX on points, and paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just wondering whats people's experiences have been like.. I'm looking at flying my mother over with my points, which routes PER-Tokyo-LAX (Tokyo-LAX is via AA Codeshare).

When I look at booking mine though (paid), it only routes via MEL or BNE.

Would I be better doing separate award flights e.g. PER-BNE-PER return, and a BNE-LAX-BNE return?

Dave Noble

Flashware said:
When I look at booking mine though (paid), it only routes via MEL or BNE.
Try either QF telephone reservations or try making the paid booking on AA.com using the multi city search and select the same flights as the award booking

Alternatively, try AA telephone sales and you should be able to avoid the QF fuel fines

Dave

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Hm, trying through AA doesn't give the right options either.

So I tried PER-NRT return, $2600

Then NRT-LAX return, $2000 USD

Might have to give AA telephone sales a call this week..

Dave Noble

Flashware said:
Hm, trying through AA doesn't give the right options either.

So I tried PER-NRT return, $2600

Then NRT-LAX return, $2000 USD

Might have to give AA telephone sales a call this week..
Use the multi city search and you can put each sector in indvidually

PER - NRT
NRT - LAX
LAX - NRT
NRT - PER

Set the maximum number of changes to be zero and use the "choose by schedule" option and also make sure that "AA and One World" is selected

Dave

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Great.

That comes in at
$2368.10 USD

Hmm.. converts to approx.
2,368.00 USD
United States Dollars = 3,025.36 AUD
Australia Dollars
Thanks for the heads up, might head down to a TA as well, and see what they can come up with, flying other airlines as such - if I can find flights landing in LAX and leaving LAX at around the same time that is much cheapear (Malaysian and Thai seem to be much cheaper), then that may work out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Trainor