Paying TAFE fees by Credit Card ......valid for Points earn on Virgin High Flyer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin
Gold
Hi there, seeking advice, need to pay a lump sum TAFE NSW fee of $14,000, Visa /MC accepted, at no extra charge. Would like to use Virgin Money High Flyer for 1.25 points per $. Just wondering if this would be acceptable for points earn?
My alternative is NAB Visa at 0.5 points per $. Thanks

Re: Paying TAFE fees by Credit Card ......valid for Points earn on Virgin High Flyer?

Sounds good to me!

Re: Paying TAFE fees by Credit Card ......valid for Points earn on Virgin High Flyer?

Certainly is acceptable but you may have to put some cash into your CC depending on your credit limit

Thanks, have a huge limit which they seem keen to increase...got a letter just yesterday! I really wondered if this would be seen as eligible retail spend and not a government charge like ATO payment which Virgin don't allow.

Hi just an update to confirm I did earn points on payment of Tafe Fees using Virgin High Flyer CCard. Very Happy

That's good to hear, I was thinking of doing the same thing with my university fees as I have pay upfront

That's good to hear, I was thinking of doing the same thing with my university fees as I have pay upfront

Also check if the Uni accepts Post BILLPAY which could mean you can use an AMEX linked to PayPal...

Also check if the Uni accepts Post BILLPAY which could mean you can use an AMEX linked to PayPal...
They do accept Post BILLPAY, but I don't have an AMEX card. Also why would it be better to use AMEX, is it because it has the best rewards points for it?
Sorry I am quite new to this.

Also why would it be better to use AMEX, is it because it has the best rewards points for it?
Sorry I am quite new to this.

Yes, this is usually the case.

Ok, I was going to use it for the other current promos to meet $2500 min requirement but I'll look into this and see which ones the better option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back