PayID new?

Michael.B

Virgin
Platinum
Just got my latest statement and noticed there is a new PayID option available now.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Attachments

• 2FD0AF9F-B427-42D9-8DB2-56599D98456C.png
    2FD0AF9F-B427-42D9-8DB2-56599D98456C.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 53
I didn't have it listed on my AMEX statement from the end of January, but my other AMEX statement which was produced last night has got PayID listed as a payment option.

This is neat thanks mate. It said failed when I tried to activate .. coming back 5 minutes later it says in progress ..let's wait and see.

1676334868272.png

Payment has gone through via PayId .. not sure if it took overnight ..definitely more than 2 hours after that I gave up checking same day and looked this morning and it was there.

1676431812505.png

Cool. That’s some decent modernisation from Amex AU
Trying to pay Amex Singapore is a tortuous nightmare

Just transferred $10 from Macquarie and it was there in 5 seconds.

I’ve been using PayID for my Amex payments since it came out. I love it. As someone that pays whatever the balance is at the start of each day, the main benefit I see with PayID instead of BPAY is the update on your statement is daily, as opposed to next business day for BPAY.

Just wish the CommBank app would let you save email addresses in their app, instead of having to copy/paste the email address every time I make a payment.

I’ve been using PayID for my Amex payments since it came out. I love it. As someone that pays whatever the balance is at the start of each day, the main benefit I see with PayID instead of BPAY is the update on your statement is daily, as opposed to next business day for BPAY.
As in you pay off what you spend each day? Whats the benefit of that?
G

Why just not pay the closing balance in one hit before the due date (and accrue interest in your savings account in the meanwhile)? If you're spending beyond your means, then you shouldn't be using credit cards.

I have an offset account so don’t accrue interest anyway, so may as well keep the credit card balance close to $0 as often as possible.

I have an offset account so don’t accrue interest anyway, so may as well keep the credit card balance close to $0 as often as possible.
I’m with you Bruce .. 4 times a week I pay the card .. habit really. I totally get it doesn’t make sense! Kerfuffle good to see u on here I have watched your posts re Amex for a long time in OZBargain

I’m with you Bruce .. 4 times a week I pay the card .. habit really. I totally get it doesn’t make sense! Kerfuffle good to see u on here I have watched your posts re Amex for a long time in OZBargain
Each to their own. Mine are set to direct debit. I'm keeping my money in my account for as long as possible. I take advantage of the interest free period to the max.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back