Pay day? | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Pay day?

woodborer

My partners Velocity account pools to mine and today I noticed a random 10 status credits go in (no points).

On their account the transaction is described as:

Pay day - VA Status Credit BONUS 0 Points and 10 Status Credits Pooled to Velocity Member XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Any idea what this is??
Part of this: Something's Coming...

bcworld

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I also now got my 10 in addition to the 10 pooled to me earlier.

Reactions: Ade

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
10 SC's arrived in the last 30 mins ... perhaps no good to me as I would requalify WP (just) anyway with existing bookings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ade

ozstamps

Virgin
Platinum
How corny. :(:(:(

Got 10 SC, and my review date is in 2 weeks, so of course all my SC are earned already to renew Plat - months back.

What possible excitement will this be for most?

If one had the option to roll it into the next year's account, WHOOPPEE it saves flying one domestic segment. Better than nothing, which this deposit is

A coupon for 10% off all flights to celebrate 10 million members makes some SENSE and creates some REVENUE.

Must...Fly!

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Ah yes my theory is out the window as I (WP) received the SC as well. Though like serfty was all set with forward bookings to retain...

PDog

How corny. :(:(:(

Got 10 SC, and my review date is in 2 weeks, so of course all my SC are earned already to renew Plat - months back.

What possible excitement will this be for most?

If one had the option to roll it into the next year's account, WHOOPPEE it saves flying one domestic segment. Better than nothing, which this deposit is

A coupon for 10% off all flights to celebrate 10 million members makes some SENSE and creates some REVENUE.
Lol, grumpy much?!

I imagine for every person like you two weeks out from renewal there’s someone like me 2 weeks into renewal. Family pooling means 20 SC landed in my account, I value that as an annoying Melb -Syd day trip for work I can comfortably skip! Excitement is too strong a word, but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Hope the other two offers are more suited to you :)

Happy Dude

Established Member
AFF Supporter
3 x 10SC from family members + 10SC for me. 40 SC in total. 10% of the way to retaining gold!!

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Both Mrs Jase and I (both Platinum) received the 10SC’s. Not much good to me but Mrs Jase is only 120SC’s away from being able to gift a gold

hydrabyss

Flights
My Map
I already earned the 800 sc to requalify for plat halfway through my year so not sure what the point of giving an extra 10 sc is. Might have been useful if Velocity gave some warning so I could have pooled to my partner instead of them sitting in my account.

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Newsletter this morning...
Need to log in on the velocity app and register by 13th to get your share of the 10mil VFF points giveaway

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeMonday