Pakistani airliner crashes in Karachi | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Pakistani airliner crashes in Karachi

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Terrible news with a PIA A320 carrying 99 passengers and crew onboard crashing into a alley in Karachi.
76 confirmed dead and 2 possible survivors so far

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Sad news. I saw on Instagram it was captured on CCTV. Also images showing soot on the underside of both engines just prior to the crash. I have no idea of the relevance or what that might imply.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The Aviation Herald report. I don't understand the pics after the go-around, with 'scrape marks on both engines' - the two 'go-arounds' weren't from a wheels/ground-contact situation, I think? EDIT: A no-landing gear gear first landing attempt speculated in TAH comments (they are usually entertaining)

Last edited:

jb747

Flights
My Map
Can you elaborate?
Are you suggesting something sinister?
Sinister? Goodness no. People have an almost infinite ability to get things wrong. And then others have the same level of ability at misreading their intentions.

I have first hand experience of self proclaimed experts interpreting images, and getting the most minute details out of them. Except that I knew they were wrong, 'cos I was there.

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Sinister? Goodness no. People have an almost infinite ability to get things wrong. And then others have the same level of ability at misreading their intentions.

I have first hand experience of self proclaimed experts interpreting images, and getting the most minute details out of them. Except that I knew they were wrong, 'cos I was there.
Ah, fair enough. Thanks for that.
Hopefully the truth comes out after the investigation

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamBart