Osaka Lounge for Jetstar | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Osaka Lounge for Jetstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
152
Travelling back J* starclass on sun. Osaka to Sydney. I am Platinum QF so which lounge is avail only the JAL if any? I will be coming into osaka on JAL.
The way I read it QF only has assoc lounge in Osaka. Anyone ...?
 

d15.in.oz

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
452
SF& said:
Travelling back J* starclass on sun. Osaka to Sydney. I am Platinum QF so which lounge is avail only the JAL if any? I will be coming into osaka on JAL.
The way I read it QF only has assoc lounge in Osaka. Anyone ...?
You will not have a OneWorld experience at Kansai! What QF does at KIX is, unfortunately, not relevant to JQi.

JQi flights are handled by the Japanese Star Alliance carrier at KIX, (even though they are a JL codeshare) :shock: . That means, you will be departing from the pier on the left, not the right.

As a WP your status is meaningless in this port! Sakara Lounge (in the pier on the right) will reject you! However, as a Star Class passenger, you will be invited to the ANA lounge! Enjoy.
 

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
152
d15.in.oz said:
You will not have a OneWorld experience at Kansai! What QF does at KIX is, unfortunately, not relevant to JQi.

JQi flights are handled by the Japanese Star Alliance carrier at KIX, (even though they are a JL codeshare) :shock: . That means, you will be departing from the pier on the left, not the right.

As a WP your status is meaningless in this port! Sakara Lounge (in the pier on the right) will reject you! However, as a Star Class passenger, you will be invited to the ANA lounge! Enjoy.
now that is confusing!! Thanks mate I arrive on Jal at 1630 to connect so i was worried i couldn't get a shwr b4 leaving and get changed into warmer clothing. Scored 2D on the way home!! Very happy about that!! Never been to Osaka airport b4 so cheers.
 

d15.in.oz

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
452
SF& said:
now that is confusing!!.
STAR CLASS @ KIX = ANA LOUNGE ACCESS.


JQi +WP @ KIX = nothing.

The JAL "Sakara" Lounge at Kansai doesn't have showers... however Yen600 for a half hour, in shower facilities on the main concourse. (i.e. before you catch the train thing to the departure pier, but after immigation.) :)
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
152
d15.in.oz said:
STAR CLASS @ KIX = ANA LOUNGE ACCESS.

JQi +WP @ KIX = nothing.

The JAL "Sakara" Lounge at Kansai doesn't have showers... however Yen600 for a half hour, in shower facilities on the main concourse. (i.e. before you catch the train thing to the departure pier, but after immigation.) :)
Just an update no ANA lounge access. Was allowed to use asaka lounge. It was very very ordinary.
 

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
152
d15.in.oz said:
Ahh - Asuka... it is confusing:oops: :) , (I thought that it was just another of brand of ANA's, rather than something seperate.) Did it have showers? Or did you use the $6 ones on the main concourse... And, Star Class impressions?
Interesting trip I had JAL to OSAKA which was cancelled due to typhoon so i was put on MU flight so doubt if I'll get my points have to chase em. Anyway arrv'd Osaka had to transfer to the Jal side of the wing as the ANA side was not open so stuffed around a bit. Cldn't find a J* counter to get a boarding pass so hunted for the lounge then finally found it near gate 11. It hade donuts donuts and donuts for food, got in with no bardn pass or nothing just flashed my platinum card!! Didn't use the showers in the end. No showers in Asuka or Asaka lnge. It was jst alounge with beer and spirirts no food.

J* starclass 2D is nice. It really is a cheap status run for me. I cldn't see it was too bad. The food was ordinary but i didn't expext much better.
I am really paying for the seat and the status credits u get I can't work out why u get them at the same rate as J clas on QF. very nice of QF.
Return i get 280 s/c's for 2400aud for a prem economy seat bargain.
I have never flown prem eco seen i ton BA and sas so i guess these seats may be what QF will use for prem eco on the new planes.
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,185
I was put on an SQ flight by AY earlier this year and all i did was contact QF with the emails explaining the situation with a scan of boarding pass and i got my points. (But i did have an email direct from AY saying i would be put on SQ to to aircraft un-servicable)

E
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,315
Messages
2,081,423
Members
53,723
Latest member
hammerhead417
Top