Option to cancel award flight online not available | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Option to cancel award flight online not available

craiglm

I want to cancel a Qantas award flight departing hong kong in April. The flight is with Emirates on an EK number. The option to cancel online is not available, same result on app. Says I have to call a Qantas office 😩

Any idea why cancelling online is not an option or a way around calling?

Cheers
Craig

hopefulQFF

Intern
I used the chat feature in the mobile app yesterday to change an award flight to Europe to avoid Hong Kong (preempting any DFAT decisions) and go via Dubai instead. Quick and easy. They did the change, took a small amount for taxes using an online payment form and refunded some extra points in under 30 mins - while I had lunch and checked the 'chat' every 5 mins or so. Can recommend as the easiest way to do it. Can't deal with hold music.

cqtiger

Flights
My Map
I used the chat feature in the mobile app yesterday to change an award flight to Europe to avoid Hong Kong (preempting any DFAT decisions) and go via Dubai instead. Quick and easy. They did the change, took a small amount for taxes using an online payment form and refunded some extra points in under 30 mins - while I had lunch and checked the 'chat' every 5 mins or so. Can recommend as the easiest way to do it. Can't deal with hold music.
That is staggering I took 8 hours on the sms chat line and when phoning them just over 2 hours. This is the Norm for qantas from my experiences. Maybe it’s because I am lowly bronze

craiglm

You can use online chat/sms to cancel.
Thanks for the tip. 👍👍 Used the Qantas app chat. Took a bit over 4 hours.
She said it was all done, but I can't see that anything has actually been done.
I assume that she has just put my request into a queue.

LadyC

Established Member
I find it easier to use the chat function. It can be a bit slow but at least you have a record of the conversation.

It can take up to 24 hours to get receipt of your request.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beryl Towney