Online changes - Most restrictive fare conditions apply gotcha

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Mal, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If you book a DJ "cheapie" fare somewhere and a fully flexible back on the same ticket, then you will be unable to move your fully flexible fare earlier via the website's "change flights" functionality once you have flown the first sector. Seems the website can only handle the most restrictive rules in a booking, sees the restrictive outbound fare and blocks the changes to the inbound flight.

A call to the Guest Contact Centre / visit to the airport should see you on an earlier flight though.

A bit of an annoyance - definately something to be aware of when booking fares. Maybe if in this situation of a cheapie outbound and an expensive home, book them seperately?

2. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Mal - I wasn't aware of that. Guess it is a limitation in their booking engine at present.

I often fly on Blue Saver outbound and Flexi fare homebound. If I get back to the airport earlier, I simply front up to desk in The Lounge and they put me on an earlier flight if a seat is available.