oneworld put to the test

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by Keith009, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    CX FAs = fun? While I'd admit they're probably more reliable and consistent than BA or QF's, I find them overwhelmingly business like and serious. QF and BA on an above average to good day makes for much more enjoyable flights IMO. YMMV. :)

Airlines put to the test - Travel - smh.com.au

2. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    It's a very pro-Qantas article which seems a little contradictory to what we hear from a few people on this forum, particularly that service is in line with CX. I might be a tad cynical, but maybe this was part of QF's current promotions and the 280,000 points may have been a gift?

Overall though, it seems fair the way the other OW airlines are depicted. I notice there is no AA though. That may have put a bee in her bonnet.

3. ColinP

ColinP Member

May 1, 2006
    Adelaide
    I note that Jennifer, like me, is a life member of the Iberia fan club. :rolleyes:

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Its one person's experience on a single ATW trip. The thing I have learned from many, many such trips is that the service found on most airlines can be very inconsistent. As I read through the article I could understand how someone would have each of those experiences with each noted airline. I also noted that the author was both luck and unlucky in receiving both ends of the inconsistency. The thing I note most about my CX experiences is the very low levels of inconsistency. So for me, CX is a god bet as I have found they are least likely to provide me a poor experience.

5. jasonja3

jasonja3 Member

Sep 12, 2005
    SYD
    Agreed, CX gets my vote for consistancy (not quite God status, but certainly very good:D ). Through Asia they are my airline of preference.

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    jasonja3 - any experience of their new J product yet?

I would also concur on the consistency of the CX product - although on my five F flights late last year servic did vary between good and superb so that is not entirely consistent ;)

7. jasonja3

jasonja3 Member

Sep 12, 2005
    SYD
    Not as yet:( . All my travel on CX is regional J and a little F. I do get their current long haul product on a 747 occasionally, so I am hoping to come across the new seat one day!!