Not shipwrecked or mutinying, waving - from the Abrolhos Islands | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Not shipwrecked or mutinying, waving - from the Abrolhos Islands

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
We then moved around to Turtle Bay on the N end of E Wallabi Island for the final night. E Wallabi is where the airstrip is and aviation companies in Geraldton fly people out on day trips to swim and snorkel. For any west aussies reading, it had a very Rotto feel.

Ashore for a sundowner, joined by the folks aboard a couple of large catamarans also moored in the bay.

Snip 223.JPG Snip 224.JPG Snip 225.JPG Snip 226.JPG

And the Last Supper. My table was second by one point in the quiz...

Snip 227.JPG

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map

Magoo

Wonderful trip report. Really enjoyed it in my isolation.

Next year.....

Happy Dude

Established Member
What a great trip! Although I love the taste of shellfish, I'm allergic to the buggers and I don't think I'd like to sit around watching everyone enjoy themselves that much every meal.

We chartered a plane there from Kalbarri in 2014. Well, there was a 4 pax minumum and we (2 adults, a 3yo and an on-lap infant) bought four seats so we could go - so it was essentially a charter :) . It was a very nice day and we stayed only on East Wallabi. I spent most of it snorkelling.

Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Thanks so much JohnM, really enjoyed your TR. I’d love to do that trip. I think you will be giving them lots of business.
Sounds like it would be a good idea to get there before the Chinese and the airlines reopen for business to eat all those yummy shellfish.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fwh