Not Quite Qantas but oneworld

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Skyring, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Skyring

Skyring Established Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Browsng FlyerTalk in the wee small hours (as one does) and I came across this tdbit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553860

The guts of it is that Cathay Pacific will give you 40 road miles of free limo ride if you fly into Heathrow with them on a paid First or Business Class ticket.

Not much use to me, as I'm not likely to do a DONE4 again for a long while, but I figure this info could be useful to some here.

I can also thoroughly recommend Cathay Pacific's two lounges in Hong Kong. None of this going to the service desk to get towels and stuff for a shower. In The Wing a pretty young attendant stands at the door and hands the towel and soap to you as you go in. Heaven knows what First Class customers get.

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    What we dont know (unless it's been posted since I looked at that thread) is what eligibility conditions are. For example may only be available for tickets ex-HKG and/or full fare.

3. Skyring

Skyring Established Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    On reading further, it appears that the expected users of the limo service would have paid in the region of $4K per ticket. However it says that RTW fares are covered.

SFAIK, Cathay Pacific doesn't do RTW off its own bat, so that means that a DONE4 would qualify.

Anyway, it's academic for me in the next year or so - I'll be flying at the back of the bus and dreaming of my month of glory.