Not all QANTAS FF points are equal?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by nothappy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. nothappy

nothappy Newbie

Jan 17, 2005
    As a Silver FF/life QC member, logged on today to check availability 31 Jan MEL-SYD - system shows no flights available. When logged on as my partner (a Gold FF), there are several FF flights showing for this same sector and date.

Does anyone know whether this practice is a result of recent programme changes or has QANTAS been positively discriminating in favour of Gold/Platinum FF when it comes to points redemption opportunities?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This has been the case for several years. Gold and Platinum FF members are rewarded for their flying loyalty with enhanced availability for economy class award flights.

Normal economy awards come from the X fare bucket, while Gold and Plat FF members can also redeem points for awards in the T fare bucket. This is similar for domestic and international flights.

3. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Which means you can take advantage of the family points transfer facility use your points and make a booking (but be aware transfers are only allowed once a year).

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I am in favor of things like this, not only for obvious reasons - but it's good to see more and more features being brought to the internet to keep phone calls to a min.