No more AA awards SYD-CHC or SYD-ZQN?

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by foxpro, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. foxpro

foxpro Newbie

Mar 4, 2011
    Just crawled out from under my stone to try to book 3 AA awards SYD-ZQN or SYD-CHC for early next year as I had successfully done last year. Called AA reservations and was informed by the CSR that SYD-CHC and SYD-ZQN do not come up as valid city pairs for award booking.:?:
    Trying to get some more info I questioned the CSR if something has changed since last year. The answer was Qantas does not release seats any more on this routing. Any insights here?

I was reading about some changes effective 08APR2014. Is this related? Sorry for this newbie questions but I have gone from avid FF to very infrequent flyer over the last couple of years. Just burning off remaining miles.

2. Mwenenzi

Mwenenzi Established Member

May 17, 2006
    MEL
    What date? AA is limited to 330 days out
    AA code share SYD-CHC as AA7152 on Jetstar (pdf timetable as 15 April 2014)
    But not on the real QF service

ZQN is not listed in the AA timetable

3. foxpro

foxpro Newbie

Mar 4, 2011
    I asked for any available date from 01JAN2015 onwards. No seats on both routes.
    Last year my AA award routing was:

Carrier Flight # Departing Arriving Fare Code
    Qantas Airways
    121 SYDNEY
    SAT 18JAN
    8:40 AM QUEENSTOWN NZ
    FRI 17JAN
    1:40 PM X

Qantas Airways
    122 QUEENSTOWN NZ
    WED 29JAN
    2:40 PM SYDNEY
    TUE 28JAN
    3:55 PM X

4. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    Well the agent is telling fibs.
    I just looked on my AA account looking at BNE-CHC.
    Y sAAver awards are available each day in March until the last available day-27/3.There is availability for 2-6 Y sAAver awards on every day except the second sunday.And for 3-6 pax the routing is BNE-SYD-CHC.
    You can even get 5 J sAAver awards except for every Sundays,tuesdays and Wednesdays.Again via SYD on QF139

• Like Like x 1
  5. foxpro

foxpro Newbie

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, ok. I will call AA again, then. I did not know that one can now check AA QF award online. That helps heaps. I can see a few open dates now. Thanks.