Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Card Promotions New Westpac Altitude Platinum Offer 75k QFF Points. 1st year fee free

GSP

Established Member
There is a new offer from Westpac with all the details posted as Screen Grabs below. The reason I can't post a link to the offer is because it is for existing Westpac customers only, and the link is only available if you login to Westpac online banking on the Web or Mobile.

Now, I'm not an existing customer but a past customer having held two Westpac Credit Cards in the past and a Savings Account I used last year to get the $50 (now closed) and I can see them in Closed Accounts Statements. My CustomerID/Password remains the same.

If you've never held an account with Westpac, the easiest way to get around this is open a Savings account, get an online account and close. You may have to pay $2k in and out to avoid the monthly $5 fee.

Anyhow the main points of this card that are in the screen grabs below:
  1. Offer valid to 3rd Feb 2021 (word of caution - Westpac had an offer on the Black card some months back and then closed it down before the end of the offer for some reason)
  2. 75k QFF points or 100k Altitude points
  3. Zero annual fee for first year. There is a $50 fee if electing to go the QFF option however.
  4. Earn rate for QFF is pretty crappy at 0.5QFF points per $1 spend
  5. I've read reports that people have been approved almost instantly and have a new card registered in their online portal within 2 hours, but then some people have been rejected.
I'm going to give this a go.

1602670261649.png
1602670328849.png

GSP

Established Member
Just applied. Took only a few minutes as lot of details pre-filled.

Was conditionally approved at the end of the process. I chose the upload payslips option rather than the Online option where you give them your online credentials to trawl through your bank account.

Let's see how long this takes (and if successful or not).

GSP

Established Member
And tada. Just like that - approved. Very easy process.

GSP

Established Member
Gets even better. Westpac have the ability to create a "Digital Card" which I have just done giving me the card number, expiry and the ability to generate a CCV valid for 24 hours.

So from applying this morning, I've managed to make a purchase for $1k on the card that afternoon.

Finale

Flights
My Map
There is a new offer for Black card 120K QF or 150k Altitude. First year free as well with $50 QF fee. I will apply for plat and my partner will apply for Black.

Sorry it's only 90,000 QF points with additional 30,000 after paying fee for second year. Both of us will just apply for Plat and save some credit limit for other cards.

Last edited:
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

http_x92

Westpac does this every now and then as long as you have a choice account.

GSP

Established Member
Alas, as what happened once before when Westpac rolled out a good Platinum deal (which I jumped on) only for an even better Black deal to come out a few days later has happened again.

You can now get the black card with 90k QFF points fee free first year (minus Qantas $50 fee) and a better earn rate. Here is the link, although you will need to be able to log into Westpac as a customer This is the link

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary Diamond