**New** QFF Diners Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

I've been waiting for this card to launch for a while now, and although the Diners website hasn't published yet, Qantas has leaked the details on theirs...

Perhaps not the best points earn etc, however also not that bad, particularly given the combo MC gives 1pt per $1 for the first $60k which would work well for many regular personal spend which are being targeted by these personal cards. Obviously they want the Business spend to go onto other cards.

If you are into Velocity points then the other cards are pretty amazing with 3pts per $1 on Diners and 1.25 pts per $1 on the MC

I'm really quite keen on the World MC and its benefits, for a lower annual fee than the CBA Diamond combo.

Until these details are published by Diners we won't know what the bonus point situation will be - often these direct earn cards are not eligible for any kind of bonus points, save for one extra point at Qantas for instance.

Diners ClubPoints EarnOther features

Diners Club
Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card with World MasterCard[SUP]®[/SUP]

dinersclub-ffcard.jpg

dinersclub-mastercard.jpg

www.dinersclub.com.au
1300 139 520

Use your Diners Club Card to receive:
  • 1.5 points per $1 spend on eligible purchases* up to $60,000 per annum
  • 1.25 points per $1 spend on eligible purchases* over $60,000 per annum

Use your World MasterCard Card[SUP]®[/SUP] to receive:
  • 1 point per $1 spend on eligible purchases* up to $60,000 per annum
  • 0.75 points per $1 spend on eligible purchases* over $60,000 per annum

• Annual card fee of $260
  • Being a charge card account there is no preset spending limit[SUP]~[/SUP]
  • Both cards are managed through one account, one statement, one annual fee of $260, one PIN[SUP]†[/SUP], and one mandatory Direct Debit payment, as your charges are payable immediately each month[SUP]>[/SUP]

Sorry, for the sign up points chasers...

Earn a bonus 15,000 points when you apply and are approved for the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card with World MasterCard[SUP]®[/SUP] by 31 December 2012^.

It is also worth noting the mandatory direct debit to pay for this card - Amex does not impose this for their charge cards...

The terms also state that you have 7 days from the statement date to pay... This is a bit annoying given that many people like to use charge cards to manage cash-flow and 14 days is a good amount of time to help smooth things over.

The annual fee is a bit rich. But Diners Club card does get you free access to some airport lounges, such as the SATS lounge at SIN, which is nearby and significantly superior (in my opinion) to the Qantas Business Class lounge.

Laughable in my view.

Mandatory direct debit payment and 7d to pay from statement date? Hahahaha. Who on earth are they targeting this card combo at?

For a Diners, the point earn is not enticing either. You have to deal with significant acceptance issues only to gain 1.5 QFF per $ up to 60K? I'd also like to know what the world mastercard offers in real world benefits.

I was pleased when I canned my QF earning Diners card. While the points might be ok the service can be cough and I was happy to loose some points and not have the hassles.

matt

Charges are payable immediately. To avoid liquidated damages charges, you have 7 days after your statement issue date each month to pay. Direct Debit is mandatory on this account. To ensure you are informed of your payment date Diners Club advises activating Club Alerts via the Online Transaction Summary website found at dinersclub.com.au

Seriously funny. Even 44d cards are a PITA in my opinion. 7 days to avoid liquidated damages? You must be joking.

Seriously funny. Even 44d cards are a PITA in my opinion. 7 days to avoid liquidated damages? You must be joking.

It was 21 days I think back about 2005. By the time I got my statement and got around to paying I was still struggling to avoid the penalty.

7 days is a farce, if you miss the payment date you get zero points and still have to pay the penalty.

matt

Completely agree. In the past few months when Citi and Diners have come out with their press releases regarding the Diners relaunch in Australia they have been talking about how charge cards will increasingly compete with Debit products which are pretty popular at the moment.

Whilst they may not be amongst members of this forum and this new product may not be popular either, I suspect that some people will be attracted to such a product that doesn't allow for debt to hang over them but does provide insurance and rewards points.

If you perform a comparison from this perspective then I can see some value, otherwise I can see why this won't be popular amongst FF mile collectors.

7d? What a joke. What is the payment timeline for NAB cards from statement issue date?

Can someone confirm the card is eligible for normal bonus points (through partners) and triple point Wednesdays? Call centre said yes, as its applicable to all cards, but thats not reassuring!

If you are into Velocity points then the other cards are pretty amazing with 3pts per $1 on Diners and 1.25 pts per $1 on the MC

What are the details of the Velocity Diners Club offer?

I suspect the relaunch of Diners in Australia will be about as lucrative and popular as the relaunch of Fly Buys.

Details on transferring Diners points are contained on personal -> rewards -> online catalog -> choose "travel" then click "go"

You will see the various airline partners and the transfer rates. At the moment VFF is 1:1.

Details on transferring Diners points are contained on personal -> rewards -> online catalog -> choose "travel" then click "go"

You will see the various airline partners and the transfer rates. At the moment VFF is 1:1.

Which with the standard Diners + MC products you get 3 points when spending using Diners, 6 points if spending at bonus partners (eg IHG hotels in Australia) and also points when spending at restaurants etc on Wednesdays...

The MC also earns 1.25 points per $ which is pretty good considering that is one of the highest points earn on a non-amex card for Velocity (and not bad for KrisFlyer) - Select converts at 1.33 and Velocity high flyer card is 1.25 points also.

It will take a lot more than this (a whole lot more) to entice me back to Diners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back