New point structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpetcat

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and have found people here extremely helpful.

I've got my plat charge 6 months back and receive a letter 2 weeks after using the card advising the change of point structure from 1st Oct. While I was not really impressed with it but okay.

The new point structure kicks in on 1st Oct for a week and few days later it reverted back to 1.5point per dollar, while utilities bill still attracts 0.5 points per dollar. I've rang few times and they say they are going to fix it but still no sign...

Did anyone have the same issue?

Cheers,

My spend at McDonald's has come up as 1.5 points per dollar. I haven't tried it anywhere else of value thus far - doesn't really encourage me to do so either if that's the case.

My last bonus points were on 30 Sep. I havent even received bonus points for a Maccas meal.

Other than issues with LAN and QF flights, that have been manually corrected, everything has posted correctly for me. Nothing has appeared in the bonus column for me. Spending at restaurants has just appeared as triple points, travel as double points.

I'm getting on top of working out which card to pull out at last, and have just about got on top of direct debits!!!

My point does not appear in the bonus column, it just gives me base point of 1.5x for every single transaction, I know this might be good for the time being, but eventually they will send me a letter and say they've made a mistake, and if that happens, it will be much harder for me the work out what exactly my entitlement is....

But I have to say their service is extremely poor at this point...

Other than issues with LAN and QF flights, that have been manually corrected, everything has posted correctly for me. Nothing has appeared in the bonus column for me. Spending at restaurants has just appeared as triple points, travel as double points.

I'm getting on top of working out which card to pull out at last, and have just about got on top of direct debits!!!

Use your PLAT CREDIT CARD it still gives me 1.5 points on everything but I can't use it with the Insurance payments to GIO as the bonus points only post with the card linked to ASCENT so I use my charge card for that ( get 1/2 a point on the main debit but PLUS 5 x bonus points (MR) per dollar

I've been a plat charge card member for about 6 months too, but only just got a letter from them last week advising of the points change, but for me the change over date is the end of Feb 2013.

Still getting 1.5 points per $ even on ATO payments!

So don't need to cancel the card till 1st of March 2013

I've been a plat charge card member for about 6 months too, but only just got a letter from them last week advising of the points change, but for me the change over date is the end of Feb 2013.

Still getting 1.5 points per $ even on ATO payments!

So don't need to cancel the card till 1st of March 2013

I just paid a large ATO bill on Plat yesterday and got 0.5 points for each dollar. What gives!??

I just paid a large ATO bill on Plat yesterday and got 0.5 points for each dollar. What gives!??

No idea why i'm still getting 1.5, a couple of my mates who joined up after I did have reverted to the new earn rate.

No idea why i'm still getting 1.5, a couple of my mates who joined up after I did have reverted to the new earn rate.

I just spoke to an operator and mentioned your earlier post and they said you must have a different card to the standard Amex Platinum Charge Card as all cards are affected from October 1. It really sucks. I am definitely looking at another plat card with a better point structure.

I just spoke to an operator and mentioned your earlier post and they said you must have a different card to the standard Amex Platinum Charge Card as all cards are affected from October 1. It really sucks. I am definitely looking at another plat card with a better point structure.

It is just a standard Platinum Charge Card. No idea why I have till Feb on the old point structure though.

Same here, standard issue amex plat charge, paid $900 annual fee back in July. Spoken with Amex number of times including MR department, they claim it is an isolated dissue and will revert back to 3-2-1 structure within 7 working days...but it has been 4 weeks since I spoken to them last time...

Get a woolworthsQantas EDR credit card 1:1 and a much lesser transaction fee with Mastercard than AMEX.
FORGET paying tax with Amex at 0.5 points per dollar....that's a total joke and their business from this spend will totally evaporate. Although I don't think my PLAT Credit Card ( Qantas Ultimate) is affected yet as I use it for utilities and still get 1.5 points per dollar

Get a woolworthsQantas EDR credit card 1:1 and a much lesser transaction fee with Mastercard than AMEX.
FORGET paying tax with Amex at 0.5 points per dollar....that's a total joke and their business from this spend will totally evaporate. Although I don't think my PLAT Credit Card ( Qantas Ultimate) is affected yet as I use it for utilities and still get 1.5 points per dollar
I got the survey yesterday, took the opportunity to tell them that other cards now more attractive, and in the why the cards are not attractive
- stop mucking around with the program
- Annual fees too high for what you get
- Other programs (e.g. citibank) now better earn rates
- Insurance no longer any good

Funnily enough at the end (anonymous survey) they asked if I would like to leave name/no so someone can contact me. I did, will be interested to see if it eventuates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back