New MR offerings

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Hi all

I was wondering how people kept up with the new offerings on the MR website. I had a peek yesterday and saw that they were now "selling" netbooks and 57in TV's :shock: which were never around before.

I know some people prefer vouchers and then buying the item themselves but I have "priced" a few items and the difference is marginal on some things I have looked at.

It would just be great if someone had a link to "all new items" or some such...

Simon,

Be patient.
I have waited 9 weeks and still no delivery.
On the last phone call I got :
"Be patient , and you will get everything you deserve":shock::shock:

I think these get published in the catalogue that comes every 6-12 months.

I noticed they've also added the DMC-G1 Micro Four-Thirds DSLR camera. Shame it's not the new DMC-GH1.

At the moment, I would think that transferring to Velocity Rewards with the 25% bonus would give a better return on vouchers, etc.

A flight on Dj or any related party is of no value to me at all for at least the next 15 months - no mnatter how good the deal. You could offer a 100% bonus and it would be of no value. A new netbook is of value to me as I might consider buying one of those...

Velocity Rewards has a shop for vouchers, etc.

100,000 MR = 125,000 Velocity Rewards
96,000 MR = 120,000 Velocity Rewards
120,000 Velocity Rewards = $1000 Myer Card

So you're getting better than 1c / MR point.

Alternatively, direct through Amex, same voucher:
115,000 MR

(i.e. 20% more?)

Now there are some vouchers (via Membership Rewards) that are 25% off, but I don't think any of those shops will let you redeem the voucher for a Netbook. Incidentally they are all around the 86,250 MR points = $1000 mark.

Have a look at the department stores at the netbooks and decide which one you want before you even consider redeeming. There is a huge difference between netbooks.

NB, Shame that the Myer Stimulus package doesn't apply for gift card redemptions.

Oh, and BiziBB keeps a thread about the current prices of Netbooks, on flyertalk.

Apologies for the curtness of my responses earlier - I was not aware of the voucher offering at Velocity.

I recently redeemed 230K Amex for $2000 in DJ and that would have been only 192K Amex - not a bad saving...

A flight on Dj or any related party is of no value to me at all for at least the next 15 months - no mnatter how good the deal. You could offer a 100% bonus and it would be of no value. A new netbook is of value to me as I might consider buying one of those...

I'm more than happy with my Lenovo S10 Ideapad, which brings you this message from the PER QP :cool:

New brochure arrived today - made major mistakes

1. Gave brochure to mrssimongr
  2. Told mrssimongr how many points we had

Oops...

So I guess that means you will be sitting in WHY on most domestic flights. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back