New Citi promotion for Select card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called in to Citi's new branch in Pitt St. Sydney and I was told that the $700 fee can be discounted by at least 50 per cent if one deposits funds in term deposit and becomes a Citigold client. 100k min. Competitive interest rate, circa 6.4% p.a.

Bit of an 'urgh' moment reading that considering I applied for and received the select card just a few weeks ago :( But sounds like it may sweeten the deal for those considering the card.

I can't seem to find an expiry date on this, does anyone know?

When I was invited to upgrade to this card on launch of the product, I thought it was uncapped on points, can anyone confirm this please?

I can't seem to find an expiry date on this, does anyone know?

When I was invited to upgrade to this card on launch of the product, I thought it was uncapped on points, can anyone confirm this please?

I don't believe there is a cap. Offer is current and expiry is not mentioned. I'll be applying online in the morning.

what are some examples of rewards redemption rates? coz for QFF points its 2:1 so its like 25000 bonus only if still available.

My points account on my Citi Select was not set up properly from the start by the "back room " but if you go SQ Kris you get the net bonus points of 50,000 or 60,000 then 1.33 per dollar spent. If you go QF you get to pay a further $49 at joining time and then a dollar per point so it is not as good.
We have one of each type of card and the Kris points are awesome for a Visa card.

sweet as, thanks for the explanation :)

Any tips on how to get the annual fee down? coz $700 is a bit steep .. other than becoming citigold. Or its individual/bargaining power related basis? :)

Geez there is so much good information on this forum!! and so much to read!

Thanks for any advice. (and also trying to decide between this one and the platinum for the bonus except not 100% sure if still on. will have to talk to citibank people later, although sounds like they dont know what they are talking about - never dealt with citibank before but doesnt look too positive!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back