New Bonus Partners - Air Asia, Staples, Delivery Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

dane

No petrol stations, but we do have...

• Air Asia
    Earn 10 Bonus Points for every $1 spent

• Staples
    Earn 2 Bonus Points for every dollar spent plus 500 Bonus Points for orders over $200

• Delivery Hero
    Earn 3 Bonus Point per $1 spent

• Premium Corporate Cars (Uber competitor?)
    Earn 1 Bonus Point for every $1 spent

Last edited:
These look all useless to me. Staples might be decent - but I just checked out a price for black toner for my printer. You can get it for about $60 online via ebay and other shopping sites. Staples has it for $87

I think most of us on this site are smart and only purchase things we: a) need b) can get cheaply.

Similarly, the hotels that are available on booking.com (via the amex link) can be found cheaper elsewhere (although I acknowledge that 10x bonus points is very decent and I generally value an MR point = 1 cent)

These look all useless to me. Staples might be decent - but I just checked out a price for black toner for my printer. You can get it for about $60 online via ebay and other shopping sites. Staples has it for $87

I think most of us on this site are smart and only purchase things we: a) need b) can get cheaply.

Similarly, the hotels that are available on booking.com (via the amex link) can be found cheaper elsewhere (although I acknowledge that 10x bonus points is very decent and I generally value an MR point = 1 cent)

Agree that the hotels (via Hotelclub rather than booking.com) are sometimes cheaper elsewhere, however I've had some great deals through previous ten point deals...

Agree the bonus points aren't fantastic but they are better than almost all the bank issued cards and Citi/Diners only have bonus points on hotels that are worth using....

I wish that Amex could do better but won't complain too loudly as these partners are better than nothing!!

Actually 10 points per dollar with air Asia is interesting. Combine it with the flat bed and maybe it's a goer? Interesting that you value MR points at 1c ... Most others would give a slightly higher figure (eg see Gold member's recent post on value of a qff which ends up at 1.5c) and given MR points don't expire and are transferable to many different programs they'd have to be worth a little more?

No new partners for the QF cards - they've made a big cut down to 6 now! Sigh...

Just did a transaction with Air Asia for $1000, 10,000 bonus points are credited straight away (2 days) - yum!

I would buy your points off you at 1c per point.

Just did a transaction with Air Asia for $1000, 10,000 bonus points are credited straight away (2 days) - yum!

are you serious? I did a transaction back in June and the bonus points still haven't posted! It said up to 10 weeks on the T&Cs from memory so I was waiting it out.

Before you make the purchase, have you registered first? Probably you missed that step.

There was no registration required when I made the purchase. This was back in June and the promotion was meant to expire on 30 June. Does the new promotion require registration?

My transaction post June 31 took ages.

I gave it 8 weeks then hassled Amex.

Took about a week for the points to credit once I hasled them.

i think they learned their lesson and this sign up process seems to be working a lot better.

I think i've got close to 10K bonus points from flights booked with Air asia. Will be keeping an eye on them for any future cheap trips. I see it as a 10-15% discount for the bonus points.

All good now. I contacted customer support on the online form and they credited within a few days.

Question about the bonus points for AirAsia charges, any idea if it'll work for flights originating from Thailand for example? Do I need to pay in AUD for it to work?

Yes you should receive bonus points even with flights originating outside of Australia.

"Make a booking between 1 April 2013 and 31 December 2013 and get 10 extra Bonus Points for every $1 you spend" No other T&C's mentioned.

I was fortunate enough to make a booking for a good mates bucks next year for 10 people and got great cheap flights SYD-KUL-SGN-KUL-SYD

Bonus points pointed within a few days nice 40,000 MR points, so you actually get 12 points per dollar (2 points base and 10 bonus)

I have tested the combinations. It will only give you points if you pay in AUD (with their sometimes crazy ~5% exchange rate e.g. with THB - still a good deal for 10 points per dollar though). Bonus point post immediately when the transaction is posted.

If you pay not in AUD you will not get points.

Yes you should receive bonus points even with flights originating outside of Australia.

"Make a booking between 1 April 2013 and 31 December 2013 and get 10 extra Bonus Points for every $1 you spend" No other T&C's mentioned.

I'm about to make an AirAsia booking given its current sales on starting today, but when I double checked Amex's T&Cs at

Amex Bonus Rewards | Partner - Air Asia

"Offer commences 1 April 2013 and ends 30 June 2013"

Has the bonus now ended? Or is there another page I should go to for the updated offer?

I wanted to book air Asia for a couple of domestic flights in thailand and the website wouldn't process my Amex card. Called Amex who said they hadn't declined the charge (thought they may have caught it in the fraud filter) and before I could tell him the merchant he asked if it was a flight. I said yes and he guessed it was air Asia. .. I confirmed this and he said the system the airline uses is terrible and im not the first person who couldn't use their card. I got 1000 points to compensate me (it was an $80 flight) and booked on my visa. That's good customer service. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back