SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Gold
So I visited the AmEx Travel site this morning and noticed that it has had a dramatic overhaul to the layout on the front page.
I've also noticed that some of the hotels are now showing much more detailed info about the rooms than before (though not all). There does seem to be a few bits not quite right yet (hotels missing pictures) but overall it seems like an improvement.

I'm seeing the hotel photos, it's a nicer layout but I'm not sure whether much functionality has changed (I booked flights through Amex Travel only a week or so ago).

In a lot of ways I feel like the AmEx travel website in Australia is a bit of a wasted opportunity for the company. It doesn't cover some of the foreign airlines that fly to Australia (EVA Air, Vietnam Airlines, Air Niugini, China Airlines) and some airlines (SilkAir, AirNorth) only appear if they have a codeshare on airline that is covered. The hotels are usually more expensive compared to booking directly or with a competing online agent. There's also no incentive for AmEx card holders to book through the service, unlike the US which offers substantial bonus points.

Until now the site also looked quite outdated. With any luck they might start taking it a bit more seriously and we'll see some more improvements, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back