Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

New [Amex] statement credits

Quattro

I have a Centurion card, and my RM called me today to inform me of their latest offer. He mentioned that the offer will be targeted and not available to everyone. The offer is $400 straight credit on spend at supermarkets and food delivery services for Nov and Dec.
I prefer the above I got. A shame it seems their offer for Centurion has fallen short.

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I have a Centurion card, and my RM called me today to inform me of their latest offer. He mentioned that the offer will be targeted and not available to everyone. The offer is $400 straight credit on spend at supermarkets and food delivery services for Nov and Dec.

Is that $400 per month or all up? If the latter, then the Platinum offer sounds more appealing.

Edit: I misread the platinum offer. I thought it was $100 back per month, not all up.

Last edited:

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Isn't the platinum only $100 statement credit not $100 each month if you spend $1000 for 4 months?

Oh wow. You are correct. I totally misread this offer! That's actually pretty poor offer really.

albyd

Established Member
Solutions
@Pumbaa Did you take advantage of the covid initiatives earlier in the year like the double points and supermarket promos?

Pumbaa

@Pumbaa Did you take advantage of the covid initiatives earlier in the year like the double points and supermarket promos?

Yes to both albyd. I did really well out of the double point promotion. It was basically a 5% credit on any spend. Even with a 2% surcharge, I was still 3% ahead.
Post automatically merged:

I prefer the above I got. A shame it seems their offer for Centurion has fallen short.

On the contrary, I think my deal is a lot better than a $100 credit after 4 months?

tinkybelle

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
It would need to be better
how much is centurian now 6000 a year?

Tonyladz

Intern
saw the offers on usa charge cards, they’re loaded. hope they start doing that on australian cards with similar benefits and more offers.

daft009

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
for us platinum card holders, just got this...

Get up to $350 back1
On your groceries and food delivery​
Enjoy extra value on your everyday purchases​
Keen to try fresh recipes or order in from new places, as the weather warms up? Save this offer and shop with your American Express® Platinum Card to get extra value with Coles, Harris Farm, Woolworths and Deliveroo until 31 December 2020.​
How it works​
Save the offer to your Card and we'll credit your Account for the amount you
spend with participating brands. For example, if you spend $50 at Coles, Harris Farm, Woolworths and Deliveroo, you'll receive a $50 credit. That applies for multiple transactions, up to a maximum of $350 credit per Card over the offer period.​

glasszon

Solutions
for us platinum card holders, just got this...

Get up to $350 back1
On your groceries and food delivery​

Enjoy extra value on your everyday purchases​
Keen to try fresh recipes or order in from new places, as the weather warms up? Save this offer and shop with your American Express® Platinum Card to get extra value with Coles, Harris Farm, Woolworths and Deliveroo until 31 December 2020.​

How it works​
Save the offer to your Card and we'll credit your Account for the amount you
spend with participating brands. For example, if you spend $50 at Coles, Harris Farm, Woolworths and Deliveroo, you'll receive a $50 credit. That applies for multiple transactions, up to a maximum of $350 credit per Card over the offer period.​

Looks like to be targeted as well: Haven't received anything on my Platinum card and reports on Ozbargain seems to indicate the same thing.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

SeaWolf

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Looks like to be targeted as well: Haven't received anything on my Platinum card and reports on Ozbargain seems to indicate the same thing.
Sometimes these offers don't instantly appear on all cards, I haven't got it on mine yet, but I reckon by the end of the day it'll be available.

tinkybelle

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
can anyone tell me what this is? I did 71 on one card and 61 on another registered for the applepay refund( i have 3 cards on accellorator) and this arrived . I cannot see anything i registered for
XX NOV 20EG FUELCO 1215 BANKSTOWN-$30.00

tinkybelle

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
The question is why a 30 credit I see no offers for my account did anyone else get a random 30 credit

The question is why a 30 credit I see no offers for my account did anyone else get a random 30 credit

Did you pay by Apple Pay ?

Spend $100 or more, get $15 back, up to 3x
Apple Pay

I have made a purchase for > $200 with apple pay and and got a $30 credit, (2x $15 I assumed)
it is also the only offer I have saved to that card

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbaclassstudy