New [Amex] statement credits | Page 263 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

New [Amex] statement credits

Must...Fly!

Established Member
AFF Supporter
At the moment Rebel is losing themselves a sale as their website isn't playing ball
Indeed "come back later".

Still sitting on the offer but can't really think of anything I need. These offers are good but sometimes its better to not spend at all, I've found!

TomVexille

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Indeed "come back later".

Still sitting on the offer but can't really think of anything I need. These offers are good but sometimes its better to not spend at all, I've found!
I want new cricket pads and a new bag, and could meet the spend with either. Trying to decide if I should spend the money when my current ones still have life left in them.

Also, incognito mode seems to allow the website to work.

jkbaus

7/11 Eddy Ave, Central Station, Sydney.
Wanted to buy $100 Vanilla prepaid card split over 7 Amex cards.
Staff said ok.
However their POS system would only allow 2 cards per purchase.
A couple of staff tried but couldn't get around the system limit so just refunded the 2 transactions already processed.

N860CR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Haven’t been able to use Amex online chat for months. I’ve harassed them on social media (which doesn’t go very far), and they’ve emailed me just saying “it’s definitely working”.

Amex service is absolutely shocking. Can’t believe that only a year ago I was singing their praises.

Pleb Status

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I can confirm that for the PayPal offer (spend $100, get $20 back, up to 2 times), you can get both $20 credits from one transaction if you spend more than $200.

In other words, I made a single $450 transaction and received a $40 statement credit...

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I can confirm that for the PayPal offer (spend $100, get $20 back, up to 2 times), you can get both $20 credits from one transaction if you spend more than $200.

In other words, I made a single $450 transaction and received a $40 statement credit...
Lucky guy!

With all my cards. I didn't get this offer nor the spend $x and get xxxx points

zig

Established Member
AFF Supporter
My PayPal offer was a % cash back to a maximum of $40, so one purchase did it for me too.

Mr_Orange

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

Interesting to know, although I used the %back offer to a max of $40 on a new phone purchase and I have managed to use on of the $20 back for $100 spend offers. I'm sure the other will bwe triggered shortly.

The Warlock

May have already been confirmed but I successfully topped up our OPAL cards this morning using the 7-11 offer across all AMEX cards and all credit emails were received based on topping up $20 on each card.

Just to need to ensure I don't lose my OPAL card now because it's worth about half a kidney currently.

jbman

AFF Supporter
All the 7-11 stores I went into on the weekend had new ANZ POS terminals which worked with AMEX as either android pay or touch and go. Much better than before where I would have to insert the card and enter a pin

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
Just to need to ensure I don't lose my OPAL card now because it's worth about half a kidney currently.
Or you can "lose" your Opal card and get a refund of outstanding balance and start again?

snabbu

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
May have already been confirmed but I successfully topped up our OPAL cards this morning using the 7-11 offer across all AMEX cards and all credit emails were received based on topping up $20 on each card.
No problems here with Opal top ups and cashback from a couple of 7-11's over the weekend.

maccaisking

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
maccaisking, How did you send your queries to Amex?
Chat is down and I can't find an email address.
I called and used document upload link in online banking to send receipts. I was missing one receipt but all have now been credited

snabbu

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Another heap of offers
  • T2 Tea(americanexpress.com)
    Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend $30 or more, in one transaction, in-store only at T2 Tea by 31/12/2017 to receive one $10 credit. Limited to the first 20,000 Cards to save the offer. Exclusions apply.

• La Mer Online(americanexpress.com)
    Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend $200 or more, in one or more transactions, online only at www.cremedelamer.com.au by 31/12/2017 to receive one $40 credit. Limited to the first 15,000 Cards to save the offer. Exclusions apply.

• The Ultimate Beauty Lust List(americanexpress.com)
    Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend $150 or more, in one or more transactions, online only at participating Ultimate Beauty Lust List brands by 31/12/2017 to receive one $30 credit. Limited to 25,000 Cards to save the offer. Exclusions apply.
    Valid online only at the following Ultimate Beauty Lust List brands: Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Jo Malone London, M.A.C Cosmetics

• Aussie Farmers Direct
    Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend $100 or more, in one or more transactions, online only at www.AussieFarmers.com.au by 31/12/2017 to receive one $40 credit. Limited to the first 10,000 Cards to save the offer. Exclusions apply.

• BPme App(americanexpress.com)
    Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend $20 or more, in one or more transactions, in-app only via BPme app at selected BP locations by 22/12/2017 to receive one $10 credit. Limited to the first 30,000 Cards to save the offer. Exclusions apply.

SydneySwan

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Silver
When saving my offers just now, I noticed that I also have a McDonalds offer on some of my cards - spend $15 for $5 rebate.

NoName

Established Member
AFF Supporter
When saving my offers just now, I noticed that I also have a McDonalds offer on some of my cards - spend $15 for $5 rebate.

$15 is just above the amount you’d spend for one person which is a bit annoying. They don’t sell gift cards by any chance?

Phillippe M

Intern
Flights
My Map
Its across multiple spends.

McDonald's
Spend $15 or more, get $5 back
Valid until 31/12/2017

Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend $15 or more, in one or more transactions, in-store at McDonald's or in-app via the mymacca's ordering app by 31/12/2017 to receive one $5 credit. Limited to the first 30,000 Cards. Exclusions apply.

American Express | Offers

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
$15 is just above the amount you’d spend for one person which is a bit annoying. They don’t sell gift cards by any chance?
Not in Australia.

Damn the Maccas offer went quick.
Not really. Most popular offers like this are usually gone within a few hours once they appear on OzBargain. I've gotten into into the habit of checking every day around 9am for new offers. If you don't do this you'll likely miss out.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelenLane