NEW! Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

Ummmm am I missing something here? I would have thought one of the hard-core Amex users here would have put this one up...

Got a direct mail today regarding this new product (really a rebrand of the Plat Credit Card).

Details include
  • Seven new international destinations for free flight (not available for all departure cities)
  • More domestic destinations
  • Priority Pass membership with two complimentary lounge passes
  • No change to the annual fee
  • Starts from 1 October
  • Existing cards are valid - just won't have the new name on a black stripe down the side of the card

Must say this makes the card much more attractive, especially the priority pass membership - as a Qantas Club member I'm now used to lounge access so this sweetens the whole experience when using the free flight with Virgin.

Will enjoy hearing your thoughts...

Ummmm am I missing something here? I would have thought one of the hard-core Amex users here would have put this one up...

Got a direct mail today regarding this new product (really a rebrand of the Plat Credit Card).

Details include
  • Seven new international destinations for free flight (not available for all departure cities)
  • More domestic destinations
  • Priority Pass membership with two complimentary lounge passes
  • No change to the annual fee
  • Starts from 1 October
  • Existing cards are valid - just won't have the new name on a black stripe down the side of the card

Must say this makes the card much more attractive, especially the priority pass membership - as a Qantas Club member I'm now used to lounge access so this sweetens the whole experience when using the free flight with Virgin.

Will enjoy hearing your thoughts...
I have not heard about this but then I have not been looking.

The International destinations sound interesting though.

What level of Priority Pass membership are they offering :?: From my reading of your post the difference between this and what is offered by the Platinum Charge card is that the charge card offers a full membership with unlimited access.

What level of Priority Pass membership are they offering :?:

I assume "standard", ie. you pay $US27 / entry (but they give you 2 free passes).

I also haven't heard of this card, and haven't received a direct mail about it. Am interested in the details though.

What international destinations? I'd assume Pacific Blue destinations? Would be great if they were VA destinations (hahaha).

This card isn't appearing on the website yet, however I would expect other Plat CC holders will get the direct mail soon.

For those commenting on Priority Pass you are correct - standard membership where USD27 per visit but 2 free visits inc per year.

The destination website is American Express Australia - Destination Guide and you can choose different departure points to see all international destinations - eg Bali from Perth, Auckland from Melbourne or Christchurch from Sydney.

Also shows domestic routes - eg Darwin from Melbourne but not from Sydney I think.

Would be good if they beefed up the other benefits to make it more like the Singapore Reserve card - however that has a higher fee and a higher qualifying income...

The American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card

However, can't find a link for an Australian site and found this for the criteria

Approval Criteria

It is important that
  • You should be over 21 years of age. Supplementary Card applicant should be over 18 years of age.
  • For Singapore Citizens and Residents, you have earnings which provide an income of over S$150,000 p.a.
  • For Expatriate, you have earnings which provide a minimum income of over S$150,000 p.a.
  • You have a good credit rating.
Please provide a copy of your passport, employment pass, overseas address and contact number (inclusive of supplementary applicant).

You must update us immediately if you are granted Singapore citizenship or permanent resident status by the Singapore Government.

The American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card

However, can't find a link for an Australian site and found this for the criteria

Approval Criteria

It is important that
  • You should be over 21 years of age. Supplementary Card applicant should be over 18 years of age.
  • For Singapore Citizens and Residents, you have earnings which provide an income of over S$150,000 p.a.
  • For Expatriate, you have earnings which provide a minimum income of over S$150,000 p.a.
  • You have a good credit rating.
Please provide a copy of your passport, employment pass, overseas address and contact number (inclusive of supplementary applicant).

You must update us immediately if you are granted Singapore citizenship or permanent resident status by the Singapore Government.

In Australia this card (the Plat Reserve) sounds like it will be replacing the existing Plat CC - therefore it would have the same requirements as it does now.I don't think the SG requirements are at all relevent here, however some of the benefits of the SG cards would be nice - eg dining programs, discounts, exclusive access to some places and events etc.Time will tell I guess as to what they do with the existing Plat CC and how they are looking to expand their portfolio...

In Australia this card (the Plat Reserve) sounds like it will be replacing the existing Plat CC - therefore it would have the same requirements as it does now.I don't think the SG requirements are at all relevent here, however some of the benefits of the SG cards would be nice - eg dining programs, discounts, exclusive access to some places and events etc.Time will tell I guess as to what they do with the existing Plat CC and how they are looking to expand their portfolio...

Agree!!!

SG's Plat reserve would unlikely to be relevant to the Aussie market.

SGD $150000 (annual income) is approx $120,000 AUD... surely Amex here would not set the criteria higher than the current Plat charge ($100,000), at least not without a complete portfolio restructure.

I think Amex Plat Reserve is really just a rebranding of the current Amex Plat credit.
Amex offer here is pathetic compared to the overseas market. If Amex can't even get the "Select" offer right, how do we expect them to extend this type of offer further?!

Here is what I got from the CS today:

- Platinum Reserve will replace Platinum credit card.

- A new lower end Platinum card "Edge" (iirc) will be launched with less benefits attached. (Annual fee is about $120iirc)

- Current Platinum credit card user will not get a replacement card but will be able to enjoy the new benefits mentioned above.

Sounds good - I wonder if they are going to revamp the centurion benefits also (one can hope!)

Here is what I got from the CS today:

- Platinum Reserve will replace Platinum credit card.

- A new lower end Platinum card "Edge" (iirc) will be launched with less benefits attached. (Annual fee is about $120iirc)

- Current Platinum credit card user will not get a replacement card but will be able to enjoy the new benefits mentioned above.

This sounds good! Will be interesting to see how long it takes them to roll-out the information to everyone....

Sounds good - I wonder if they are going to revamp the centurion benefits also (one can hope!)

A new black card that sits between platinum and centurion would be nice...
reduce the excessive annual fee and some of the rubbish benefits...

Then I will join the down-graded centurion :mrgreen:

I just got the letter. Nice to have the option of flying to NZ!

I'd say the PER-DPS flight would be on one of Virgin's airlines then.

DRW, DPS and BNE seem to give you the best "bang for buck" ex-PER.

Other Amex issued cards are being relaunched in less than two weeks.... I would never tell though... not even for $37 million....

I wonder how it affects people that have a Platinum Charge card, and a Platinum Credit Card - two Priority Passes in one name may not be that useful!

One downside-no longer the $100 discount for various professional bodies.Certainly with the AMA anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back