New AMEX app version 2.0 just released on the App store

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@rcoPolo

Interesting although the "local champion" seems to have nothing in my local area...

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/amex-au/id418350340

[h=4]What's New in Version 2.0[/h]- Offers and deals from great merchants near you
- Merchant recommendations to discover hidden gems chosen just for you
- Cardmembers enrolled in Membership Rewards can play to earn more points at the places most often visited with Local Champion (Limited Period!).

Interesting. thanks for the heads up.

it suggested my local coles, kmart, bigw and bunnings for the local champion game and I added them. So far so good.

However it seems to be only connected to the main card. And I couldn't find a way to add supp cards in the game. I hope I'm wrong!

Wow thanks! I like this new app. Finally a good Amex shop finder app.

I couldn't find any games in the app for earning points. Am I'm reading this too literally?

Yeah I couldn't add my supp card either, think it's only for the main card unfortunately.

I think the offered list is based on your recent purchases. Which isn't great, but it gives me a few of the ones I regularly pay with Amex at anyways so, free points! :p

Registered yesterday and noted that the suggestions for local champion for are all taken from recent transactions on the card - some appear to be from my wife's transactions, so loaded a couple of them just to keep the peace. All 10 done and already done a transaction at 2 of them, let's see what happens.

I'd like to be able to add my own choice if businesses . My recent establishments don't reflect my usuals

Registered yesterday and noted that the suggestions for local champion for are all taken from recent transactions on the card - some appear to be from my wife's transactions, so loaded a couple of them just to keep the peace. All 10 done and already done a transaction at 2 of them, let's see what happens.

I'm local champion in 4 out of 10 already had 2000 extra points. The trick is to put a few small transactions through as I think it's based on number of transactions not the amount.

Well now that I have a good reason to head to my local WOW (EDR bonus points), I'll see what happens.

I'm local champion in 4 out of 10 already had 2000 extra points. The trick is to put a few small transactions through as I think it's based on number of transactions not the amount.

To become and retain local champion is based on the number of transactions, ie you have to have more transactions than anyone else at the merchant, but points earn as local champion is based on your dollar spend. It seems to be 1 bonus point per dollar spent while being local champion.

Exactly so go to the self service checkouts do a few transactions for buttons then put the decent stuff through. I bought a few coffees at the BP now all my fuel is double points :)

Curious to hear if anyone is having much luck with this. My progress report i.e. 'number of transactions to go' hasn't changed since I first started using it, despite much spending at some of my selected merchants.

Curious to hear if anyone is having much luck with this. My progress report i.e. 'number of transactions to go' hasn't changed since I first started using it, despite much spending at some of my selected merchants.

I'm top in 3 places ( lost 2) I'm concentrating on where I spend lots like petrol stations & supermarkets think it goes on number of transactions not the amount so the secret is to put a few small transactions through.

I've had about 6000 extra points since it started which is better than a poke in the eye :)

I wonder what my issue is. Lots of small purchases and still the figures don't budge. Are you using primary or supplement cards or both?

I wonder what my issue is. Lots of small purchases and still the figures don't budge. Are you using primary or supplement cards or both?

Just the primary & I'm top at the local Woolies using it about 3 times a week. Maybe it just depends where you are & obviously how many people use Amex locally. I'm also top at the local BP (x3 pw) which is great as it's double points on all my fuel & I use a lot

Ive registered and spending on the supplementary. Wonder if that is the issue. ? I wouldnt have thought Im in an area with particularly high amex usage (but who would know) and have had multiple spends including both small and large at local service station and local food store (as well as a number of other merchants) and the number of transactions to go have never shifted. One in particular has sat at "1 transaction to go" for weeks despite quite a few visits. Might get in touch with Amex, just to check.

One in particular has sat at "1 transaction to go" for weeks despite quite a few visits. Might get in touch with Amex, just to check.

I have the same problem. Were you able to talk to Amex? For my local Coles it says 1 transaction to go, I go and buy something and still says 1 transaction to go. I wonder if this has something to do with the counter reset times? If it's not counting immediately and waiting until the end of day or week then I thing this is possible.

I have the same problem. Were you able to talk to Amex? For my local Coles it says 1 transaction to go, I go and buy something and still says 1 transaction to go. I wonder if this has something to do with the counter reset times? If it's not counting immediately and waiting until the end of day or week then I thing this is possible.

I have also been having issues with purchases in Coles supermarkets. I have recently purchased from two locations and there still isn't any indication of how many transactions I have left before become the local champion.

Anyone else having this issue with Coles only? My other nominated merchants are working fine. Could it just be that the existing local champion is that many transactions ahead that it doesn't show up on the phone app?

All my work buying 5 chupachups over 5 transactions have been in vain so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back