New 17500 point offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
For those that missed out....

It is on again as I saw an advertisement in Mondays Herald sun in Melbourne....for applications in by Nov 8.

So looks like Amex will just keep trotting this out...as this is at least the 4th time this year.

Yes Qantas card.

The add was just in the paper. I do not havea copy with me.

Fasten your seat belts was in the text.

Perhaps trying ringing Amex and just say that you saw the add in Mondays Herald Sun.

dgruber said:
Is it for the Qantas card?

Is there a special phone number or website link?

lovetravellingoz said:
Perhaps trying ringing Amex and just say that you saw the add in Mondays Herald Sun.

Good luck with that. The Amex people don't even know what's on their own website. :confused:

lovetravellingoz said:
Yes Qantas card.

The add was just in the paper. I do not havea copy with me.

Fasten your seat belts was in the text.

Hi all,
lurked for a while, finally got registration to work...

If you type in fastenyourseltbelts.com.au you get a redirection to:
http://www.americanexpress.com/aust...ID=36&BUID=CCG&AFFID=AmexTbird&CRTV=ATLVanity

Which has all three cards listed. No mention of the 17,500 points, nor waiving of the $195. Methinks the offer of up 7,500 points is all that is around these days?

If I had, I would. Anyone have a scan? :)

rgs,
mt

The same offer was in the Sun Herald on Sunday. Application is via the published phone number only. There was no mention of waiving the application fee in the first year.

Page 26 of Monday's Herald Sun too. 17500 only available if you call 1300 668 761.

Unlike previous offers, no mention of the $195 fee being waived. :(

The same offer was advertised in today MX newspaper. The phone number is 1300 668 613.

I called this number up today, AMEX said the annual fee is $195- / $395 depending on the card chosen. The operator said the fee cannot be waived.

With regards to the annual fee on this offer, the website simply says:
"
  • Card fee of per annum
  • Supplementary Cards at no additional cost"
What is the annual fee applicable?? I tried applying in a dummy fashion hoping that at the last stage it would tell me what the annual fee was.. but it doesn't.

Any ideas/suggestions? Maybe there is no annual fee?

Paul

Well, looks like someone forgot to type the figure in.

BTW, the link to that webpage came from The Age site.

Maybe you should save a copy of that page, then apply for the card. If they charge you an annual fee, then give them a copy of that page.

kyle said:
Maybe you should save a copy of that page, then apply for the card. If they charge you an annual fee, then give them a copy of that page.
Good luck! My special invitation, in the mail, to the Qantas American Express Premium Card arrived with no mention of an annual fee but when I went to apply they mentioned that is was a marketing error and if I still wanted the card it would cost $195/pa and no way to waive fee in the first year.

lovetravellingoz said:

I'm pretty sure they don't have a herald-sun in Bangalore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back