NAB Velocity Rewards - 60,000 VFF points for $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this card up when it had 20K VFF points and a 14 month balance transfer offer-similar value in my case.

I don't use it very much as I have a Business Accelerator getting 2 MR/$ for non-supermarket spend. Do use it for non-PayPal utilities and insurances which have reduced earn with my other Amexes. Is eligible for the Amex Connect offers which can offset the fee.

Expect you're not meant to be able to double-dip with the current NAB mortgage offer as that requires you to open a NAB credit card to trigger (may be possible though??)

Another nice offer but I think I need to let my credit score recover!

Expect you're not meant to be able to double-dip with the current NAB mortgage offer as that requires you to open a NAB credit card to trigger (may be possible though??)

No double dipping according to the website
Important information if you apply for a NAB Home Loan between 21 September and 31 December 2015
The Velocity Rewards Card and Velocity Rewards Premium Card (“Velocity Credit Cards”) Bonus Points offers are not available in conjunction with any other offer, including the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer. This means that if you apply for a NAB Home Loan between 21 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 as well as a Velocity Credit Card, you will not receive the Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points. If your NAB Home Loan application does not proceed or you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer points offer, then we will re-assess your eligibility for the Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points. We will only undertake this re-assessment once your NAB Home Loan application becomes inactive, and only if you did not receive the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer. The first re-assessment will take place in January 2016. If your NAB Home Loan application is still active on the January 2016 re-assessment date (but does not proceed or you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer), your eligibility for Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points will be re-assessed in May 2016. If you are eligible for Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points on re-assessment in either January or May, you will receive those points by the end of the month in which you are re-assessed. You will only be eligible for Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points on re-assessment if you comply with all Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points offer conditions, including the requirement to spend $1500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your Velocity Credit Card.

I ended up signing up for this, and have been using the card for the last few days - thanks!

Does NAB provide any way of viewing the Velocity points balance and history of transfers over to Velocity? I couldn't see anywhere in their online banking to view this, but maybe I've missed something.

Does NAB provide any way of viewing the Velocity points balance and history of transfers over to Velocity? I couldn't see anywhere in their online banking to view this, but maybe I've missed something.

No way I know of in Internet banking - only at the bottom of each monthly statement, only that month not coughulative unfortunately, but split by AMEX and VISA. It sweeps to Velocity a day or so after your statement date, so you can always audit or tally transfers from within your Velocity account

No double dipping according to the website
Important information if you apply for a NAB Home Loan between 21 September and 31 December 2015
The Velocity Rewards Card and Velocity Rewards Premium Card (“Velocity Credit Cards”) Bonus Points offers are not available in conjunction with any other offer, including the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer. This means that if you apply for a NAB Home Loan between 21 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 as well as a Velocity Credit Card, you will not receive the Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points. If your NAB Home Loan application does not proceed or you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer points offer, then we will re-assess your eligibility for the Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points. We will only undertake this re-assessment once your NAB Home Loan application becomes inactive, and only if you did not receive the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer. The first re-assessment will take place in January 2016. If your NAB Home Loan application is still active on the January 2016 re-assessment date (but does not proceed or you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the NAB 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer), your eligibility for Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points will be re-assessed in May 2016. If you are eligible for Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points on re-assessment in either January or May, you will receive those points by the end of the month in which you are re-assessed. You will only be eligible for Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points on re-assessment if you comply with all Velocity Credit Card Bonus Points offer conditions, including the requirement to spend $1500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your Velocity Credit Card.

FYI...

I just went in to NAB to activate my new cards, and they tried to sell me on switching to a NAB home loan in order to get the 250K points.
When I said I thought the card and loan offers were mutually exclusive, the teller told me that wasn't necessarily the case.
She said if I was interested in switching my mortgage to them her manager could organise a decent camparative rate AND we would be eligible for the 250K VFF bonus.
She said that was an "in store" offer only were her exact words.
I might talk to the wife about it and see what sort of rate they could promise us.
But I probably won't bother if they can't give us a better deal AND I would demand the points offer in black and white as well.

Wanted to put a few months in between applying for the Velocity AMEX & this, so only applied this week. Approved within seconds, am rapt with the bonus point vs. annual fee ratio!

Anybody get their bonus points yet? I have my cards a couple of months and have well surpassed the spend requirements. If don't they come with the next statement, I think I'll go chasing them.

Last edited:
Anybody get their bonus points yet? I have my cards a couple of months and have well surpassed the spend requirements. If they come with the next statement, I think I'll go chasing them.

Yep. I'm still waiting too....
I think it's been about 3 months.

Dammit, I planned on this process being seamless, am over having to follow up financial institutions (including the one I work for...)

so what card next?

Dammit, I planned on this process being seamless, am over having to follow up financial institutions (including the one I work for...)

so what card next?

The one I work for would be annoyed if they found out I was signing up for cards with the competition....

Lol, the one I work for was given the opportunity to match competitors offers & elected not to!

I couldn't find the specific information, so hoping someone may be able to shed light.

If I have the NAB Qantas Premium Card and apply for the NAB Velocity Premium, would I still be considered a New Customer if the card name and rewards program is different?

'Offer is available only to new approved NAB credit card customers who apply by 14 February 2016. Offer is not available when closing or transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other offer.'

From the above it seems that I may not be eligible, but would be interested if anyone has other info.

Thanks.

Yep. I'm still waiting too....
I think it's been about 3 months.

They did say in the terms and conditions that it would be 4 months after you make the minimum spend. I don't think we can complain too much if they comply with that. Other cards that pay earlier are just a bonus.

As this is AMEX and Visa, how does the spend requirement work with the 2 cards, can it all be spent on the AMEX to get the points?

You have 2 cards but it's effectively 1 account, ie you get 1 statement for combined cards. I don't think it makes a difference for the min spend. The idea is you use Amex where available (higher points earn) and visa as the back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back