NAB Reward Points Problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intra

I picked up a normal NAB Velocity Credit Card earlier this year for the bonus points on sign-up & the better earn rate than my CBA Cc; My experience with NAB on a whole has been woeful with Customer Service, but the recent problems with the issue of reward points (I understand its not just Velocity, but QFF & Flybuys) has been the final nail in the coffin.

Last month's (August) statement had no points on paper and thus no points issued. Made a call, said the points would be posted within afew days they said, call back if they haven't - Got a text afew days later from NAB, seeming to bulk-text all customers re: Reward Points, problems this month, will be posted next month, blah blah blah. Yea, ok, I'll wait a month.
This month rolls around, this month's points on paper and issued the next day into my Velocity account. But no sign of last months. Typical...

I'm giving it afew days before I call through and check what-the-heck is going on. Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me?

I haven't had any issues with NAB or their Velocity card personally. Points have always shown up within a couple days of my statement being issued. In my experience they have been relatively easy to deal with compared to some other banks.

Are you sure its not ANZ, they are woeful at customer service from my experience. Their favourite line is we will call within 48 hours , yeahhhhhhh right!!!!!!

I haven't had any issues with NAB or their Velocity card personally. Points have always shown up within a couple days of my statement being issued. In my experience they have been relatively easy to deal with compared to some other banks.

agreed 100%..points post within 2 days of statement..never had to call.. In my opinion no complaints

Quick update: Called NAB today, told me the points from last month was still an ongoing issue they are investigating/clarifying. The agent I spoke with said they hoped to have things resolved by Monday, but I could be waiting til October for August points :eek:

Why am I the only one here having the problems I wonder? Atleast I'm not currently needing the points for any rewards as yet :)

I rang last month. Told there was a 4 day statement period in August which didn't post. I got the 2 month's worth earlier this week.

I got my NAB Velocity Rewards card at the end of July (an existing customer with NAB), with the Velocity points posted a few days after the end of the statement period. The bonus points for sign up took a bit longer to come though.

Not happy they sent out the cards for collection in another state though, had to wait for it to be sent through to my preferred branch for pick up. I've been with NAB for 7 years and I've had no issues with their customer service, though my banking needs are very basic, and have my enquiries quickly attended to if I need to call them. I've recently opened an account with ANZ, branch services are good but what an exhausting process trying to get something simple done over the phone!

Last edited:
Quick update: Called NAB today, told me the points from last month was still an ongoing issue they are investigating/clarifying. The agent I spoke with said they hoped to have things resolved by Monday, but I could be waiting til October for August points :eek:

Why am I the only one here having the problems I wonder? Atleast I'm not currently needing the points for any rewards as yet :)

Not just you. I am still waiting for my august points. Was told it would be a few days. Rang last week. Was told it would be posted with this months statement.
This months statement arrives and no mention of the missing points or included in my total.

The points from August - Finally - Came through yesterday! Got a text last Friday from NAB saying it would be another 10 business days. 4 days however isn't too bad...

Ive been looking over the NAB internet banking (both online and via the APP) looking for individual points earnt on each transaction but I couldn't find anything other then the statements stating points earnt for the month.
I have the Velocity platinum AMEX and it shows the points earnt and any bonus points for each spend on their website.

Am i just not seeing it or is this not a facility for NAB's velocity cards.

I have only seen summary but you could download transactions in a spreadsheet and do the calcs for both cards to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back