Not open for further replies.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Last edited:
It was a great card when it payed for ato. Cancelled mine a couple of months ago. They wouldn't budge on the anual fee that was coming up.

Free first year is always better, but 60,000 points for $250 is still cheaper than the cost of getting points via paying the ato Surcharge.

If anyone is applying and is successful I'd be grateful if you could post the exact wording of the pay slips requirement. I'm guessing that after you're provisionally approved there'll be the usual two or so further steps to complete, one of which will be to send copies of two pay slips. I'm curious to know if it's something like 'Two recent payslips less than three months old' or 'Two most recent pay slips'.

I don't want to go through the process and impact my credit rating if it's the latter.

If anyone is applying and is successful I'd be grateful if you could post the exact wording of the pay slips requirement. I'm guessing that after you're provisionally approved there'll be the usual two or so further steps to complete, one of which will be to send copies of two pay slips. I'm curious to know if it's something like 'Two recent payslips less than three months old' or 'Two most recent pay slips'.

I don't want to go through the process and impact my credit rating if it's the latter.

When I applied for the same card last year it was the two most recent pay slips.

It was a year ago that I applied for this and an ANZ card. Neither bank requested payslips.

Firstly, I do not recommend anyone even consider dealing with the NAB as they are by far the most incompetent and negligent financial institution I have ever dealt with.

However, if you are stuck with them and on the Home Loan Choice Package ($395pa), they will allow you to apply for the QF offer mentioned by the OP for free, even if you already have exactly the same card. The only real negative is you will have to cancel the old card once the new one is approved (as you can only have one free credit card/person on the package) and therefore you will not have any cards for a few days and you will need to change any direct debits etc that you may have.

Still, not a big issue for 60,000 QF points for no 'additional' cost.

On the payslip issue, I was told you only needed to submit them if your regular pay does not go into an NAB account (so they can see the amount). My pay did not so I had to submit the last two payslips, which I did whilst on the phone during the application process.

Firstly, I do not recommend anyone even consider dealing with the NAB as they are by far the most incompetent and negligent financial institution I have ever dealt with.
You've never seen incompetence until you've dealt with Citibank.

Last edited:
You've never seen incompetence until you've dealt with Citibank.

Totally agree dr Ralph several yrs ago they stuffed up with a large credit card charge and it took us ages for them to budge & get it reversed.

Last edited:
I've just got this card. The first statement was issued only a few days after card activation (don't ask me why) and standard points were transferred. The min spend was hit soon after the statement and I was surprised to see the 60,000 bonus points credited within a couple of days as opposed to the next statement cycle.

I found NAB pretty good to deal with for this card. Instant approval, card arrived a few days later, internet banking easy to set up. I hit the minimum spend within a week and a few days later the 60k were in my account.

My only criticism is they have granted me a very low limit for some reason (6k). I assume because I was honest about the amount of credit I had on other cards when I applied. This is a little irritating as I now feel unable to cancel both of my existing cards so as not to run short on available credit.

Still, loving 1.5/$ on the amex.

I found NAB pretty good to deal with for this card. Instant approval, card arrived a few days later, internet banking easy to set up. I hit the minimum spend within a week and a few days later the 60k were in my account.

My only criticism is they have granted me a very low limit for some reason (6k).

I'm in a similar boat with a stupidly low credit limit. I'm waiting for 3 statement cycles to go through, then I will call them and try and get them to see sense.

I assume because I was honest about the amount of credit I had on other cards when I applied. This is a little irritating as I now feel unable to cancel both of my existing cards so as not to run short on available credit.

You can always make manual payments off cycle to clear part of the balance so you don't run out of credit.

Why can't you cancel this one?

Because I wanted to swap to this card and cancel my Westpac, which I did. The timing was such that I had to cancel when I did to avoid paying the annual fee too.

In my case both existing cards have a lower earn rate than the NAB card, so the NAB card and Amex Ultimate stay whilst the Anz goes.

In my case both existing cards have a lower earn rate than the NAB card, so the NAB card and Amex Ultimate stay whilst the Anz goes.

Maybe NAB can reassess your limit after you close ANZ, if you need/want more

Hats of to NAB, applied and approved and 60K bonus points in QFF account within 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back