NAB Qantas Plat. Card & One World RTW Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZDemon

Evening All,

In preparations for my (our :mrgreen:) honeymoon, I am looking at purchasing a RTW ticket through Qantas (One World Alliance). I hold a NAB Qantas Platinum card and am looking to maximise the amount of points I can earn using the American Express card (1.5 points per $ spent).

I have noticed that you can earn bonus frequent flyer points (1 point per $ spent) for purchases where Qantas is identified as the merchant on the credit card.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who may have bought a One World Alliance RTW ticket after navigating through the Qantas website can tell me if they earned the bonus points.

Thank you!

*Extracted from NAB Website...
Earning bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points

You will earn 1 Bonus Point for every dollar charged to your Card Account for the purchase in Australia of the following services directly from Qantas (i.e. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction):
  • Qantas flights;
  • Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer memberships; and
  • Purchases from “Qantas Travel” customer shopfronts.
Unless otherwise notified, Bonus Points will not be earned in relation to purchases from: Qantas Freight; Qantas Holidays Limited; Qantas Business Travel Pty Limited; other businesses or franchisees of Jetset Travelworld Ltd; Qantas Staff Travel; Jetstar Airways Pty Limited; or other Jetstar-branded businesses, or for goods or services supplied by Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who may have bought a One World Alliance RTW ticket after navigating through the Qantas website can tell me if they earned the bonus points.

I don't have an NAB card but my CBA mastercard contains very similar policy wording to that which you quoted from NAB and I always earn bonus points for my OneWorld ticket purchases. The purchases come through on the card as Qantas Flights - I don't believe that NAB are able to differentiate as to what type of ticket you actually purchased so a Qantas issued OneWorld ticket should earn you bonus points at the same rate as a standard QF-flights-only ticket.

I don't have an NAB card but my CBA mastercard contains very similar policy wording to that which you quoted from NAB and I always earn bonus points for my OneWorld ticket purchases. The purchases come through on the card as Qantas Flights - I don't believe that NAB are able to differentiate as to what type of ticket you actually purchased so a Qantas issued OneWorld ticket should earn you bonus points at the same rate as a standard QF-flights-only ticket.
Brilliant boss! Thank you very much for that. Unless Flight Centre can offer me a better deal than the One World site, I think I will give it a shot. Just need to work out if NAB will allow me to make a $12,050 purchase on a CC that has a limit of $12K on it, all in one go... :S

If you just transfer or BPAY cash onto your card first so that it's in credit by > $50 this shouldn't be an issue, but don't be surprised if NAB call you as a security check for an infrequent purchase of that size.

Brilliant boss! Thank you very much for that. Unless Flight Centre can offer me a better deal than the One World site, I think I will give it a shot. Just need to work out if NAB will allow me to make a $12,050 purchase on a CC that has a limit of $12K on it, all in one go... :S

be mindful that if you get FCL to do it they will charge it as their merchant and also wack you with a considerable CC Fee (about 4% or so for amex). so it would need to be a fairly big discount (doubtful) to make up for that imo. better to get the QF desk to ticket your booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back