My World Card- Awesome Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon boon

Hi All, I was at a concert the other nite and got offered this new card and have just checked it out on the website and it is a whole new idea in cards and the rewards program looks fantastic. It involves pre-sale tickets to concerts, merchandise, special offers like meeting the bands or going to recording sessions plus the card is at a decent rate, I joined up just to tell people this looks fantastic

website
http://www.myworld.net.au/default.aspx

What does everyone else think

I love it a rewards program that offers something new and exciting and real advantages and great opportunities

boon boon said:
Hi All, I was at a concert the other nite and got offered this new card and have just checked it out on the website and it is a whole new idea in cards and the rewards program looks fantastic. It involves pre-sale tickets to concerts, merchandise, special offers like meeting the bands or going to recording sessions plus the card is at a decent rate, I joined up just to tell people this looks fantastic

website
http://www.myworld.net.au/default.aspx

What does everyone else think

I love it a rewards program that offers something new and exciting and real advantages and great opportunities

I guess GE Money have seen what they think is a gap in the market and have issued a card in attempt to cash in on it. In my personal situation, on the surface, it has little to offer me. For those who want what it can offer, then maybe it has value to them.

Not sure what arrangements GE have in place with the promoters to make all this happen.

Seeings as you asked, I think your post sounds like a viral marketing pitch.

I agree that the above post is a marketing tool. This is a frequent flyer forum and there is nothing that the card offers in relation to flights.

That was my initial reaction as well, but in the end thought what the heck, and gave my views on the card. I can't imagine that anyone here would be rushing out to sign up for the card.

Never did really figure out what the rewards were.

Thanks for telling us about it anyway. Looks interesting. A cool card which gives rewards which young people like.

This is just my personal opinion... I hate anything to do with GE Finance. :evil:

Yada Yada said:
This is just my personal opinion... I hate anything to do with GE Finance. :evil:

It might be your personal opinion, but you share it with an awful lot of people... :D

Yada Yada said:
You are not alone Peter. Through my stupidity I got stuck with an AGC creditline card which has been taken over by GE Finance. I am trying really hard to pay off this card so that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Can't say I have ever had trouble with GE, although I really have not much to do with them. Every time they have offered me a card their fees and charges have spooked me!

JohnK said:
You are not alone Peter. Through my stupidity I got stuck with an AGC creditline card which has been taken over by GE Finance. I am trying really hard to pay off this card so that I don't have to deal with them anymore.
Same for us. During the transition from AGC to GE, a payment we made to clear off the total balance on the account was not processed due to the account numbers changing. They admitted it was their fault, saying that it was probably lying in someone's tray. However they accrued late payment fines of $60.00 per month and demanded that we pay them!

We cancelled the first payment and sent another to clear the original balance. At this stage there was 4 months worth of late fees totalling $240.00 and they continued to demand payment. We kept refusing depite the regular letters of demand and explaining our story to them over and over.

Eventually it went silent for a few months, but then we received a few phone calls from a collection company. Turns out that GE sold the debt! The debt collection company was p!ssed off then they heard my full story and realised is was not recoverable.

Yada Yada said:
Turns out that GE sold the debt! The debt collection company was p!ssed off then they heard my full story and realised is was not recoverable.
So you think I should add sl!mey to my already growing list of ways to describe GE Finance?

I ended up with them after they took over AVCO (seems they took everyone over), but had no problems with that takeover process, but the account from that time no longer exists.

My only relationshsip with them now is through the ColesMyer Source Card, and an unused card from a purchase at Harvey Norman. Now HN is a company I refuse to have dealings with.

JohnK said:
So you think I should add sl!mey to my already growing list of ways to describe GE Finance?
Sl!mey is probably being too n!ce! ;)

oz_mark said:
Now HN is a company I refuse to have dealings with.
Yes, unfortunatley every dept is a different franshisee so it really is pot-luck as to what service you get. I like to refer to them as Hardly Normal. :eek:

Yada Yada said:
Yes, unfortunatley every dept is a different franshisee so it really is pot-luck as to what service you get. I like to refer to them as Hardly Normal. :eek:

The problem is if you have a problem with a franchise, you can write to corporate. But guess what, they refer it back to the franchise for investigation. Pointless.

Last time I had a problem, was resolved by consumer affairs, and I don't deal with them anymore.

I believe GE Money have an internal ombudsperson who is supposed to deal objectively with complaints. I know from a friend who works there that the company seems to take complaints very seriously.

Haven't tried it myself because no need to yet, but might be worth a try.

mileagemax said:
I believe GE Money have an internal ombudsperson who is supposed to deal objectively with complaints. I know from a friend who works there that the company seems to take complaints very seriously.

Haven't tried it myself because no need to yet, but might be worth a try.

I have never tried GE's internal dispute procedures.

I have tried Harvey Normans, and I found it a complete waste of time, effort and money. Just that you have to go through it before the state based consumer protection agencies will look at your complaint.

I think that anyone who doesn't go to Harvey Norman first to see what the price is when considering a purchase is a fool. How else are you going to know what the highest price of anything is before you go elsewhere.

Maca44 said:
I think that anyone who doesn't go to Harvey Norman first to see what the price is when considering a purchase is a fool. How else are you going to know what the highest price of anything is before you go elsewhere.
:D :D :D

Earlier this year in Singapore I heard one of their bleeping "Go Harvey, go Harvey...." advertisements in Singapore. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back