Multiple bookings/waitlist on the same flight

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SeatBackForward, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. SeatBackForward

SeatBackForward Established Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi,

I'm heading back to Sydney this week, and asked my travel agent to make sure i was on a particular flight (any economy class). She has me confirmed in K, but waitlisted in M and R. Neither the QF website or Checkmytrip can tell me which seat I've been allocated, is that because I've got multiple confirmations/waitlists?

And what does it mean if a R seat becomes available, I doubt QF or my travel agent would be interested in offering a reduced fare hence a refund. So I'm wondering what the benefit of being waitlisted in the "lower" classes means..

SB

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Just a guess but I think it would be tied into the travel agents profit margin!

3. SeatBackForward

SeatBackForward Established Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Well I wanted to be on that specific flight to maximise the period of leave I have. I think I'd still be waitlisted if i wanted a cheaper fare class. But I'm just curious as to why QF haven't taken me off their system givne that I do already have a confirmed K class seat.