Most prestige card in Au?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auflier

What you have? Why you have it? How long you had it for /or intend to keep it?

Well it depends what you mean by 'prestige', as that would be the AMEX Centurion, but it's not really a points collectors card per se given the $5K annual fee.

The AMEX Platinum charge card is probably the most 'prestigious' personal card in terms of the perks and benefits it brings - I get full value from the perks, but i'm a small business owner, without traditionally much 'status' on airlines or hotels, so it works well for me, but others don't get the value I do, from the looks of others' comments on the card, esp. since the AMEX devaluation in mid-April.

Others might like to comment on the top-end Citi card, or even the BOQ Speciality cards, as others that come to mine.

Following along as I am trying to figure out what to do for my next application.

It depends how you spend and what you are spending on, along with what points scheme you prefer.

I have Citi Prestige and it's pretty average, they have taken away everything great but they still give a Priority Pass, free transfers in Asia Pacific for certain destinations and have the stay 4, pay 3 nights. (which sometimes has less value than booking directly with the hotel or a Virtuoso agent.) I was going to cancel this year but they halved my fee so I stayed.

Otherwise I am looking to change my Explorer and Platinum Edge into something that is not Qantas, but after the devaluation I am no longer sure about the Amex Platinum charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back