Most efficient way to use ANZ Reward points

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun3

I have about 100k ANZ black points but booking flights through it seems ridiculous It seems converting to velocity is the best?I want to get a return business class to LA next december so figure I should sign up for CCs that offer velocity point bonuses when they are on offer?Cheers

I would never book flights directly through the ANZ rewards program - you'll get much better value by transferring them to an airline program. Velocity or Singapore Airlines would have to be the obvious options, and if your goal is flights to the USA then Velocity would probably have an edge. As already mentioned, wait for a transfer bonus (these are usually offered twice per year and add 15% of value to your points).

You'll need to save up a bit more though (or take advantage of a few sign-up bonuses!) to get enough points for return business class flights to the States. 100K ANZ points = 50K Velocity points. That redemption would cost almost 200K Velocity points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back