MH 777 missing - MH370 media statement | Page 165 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

MH 777 missing - MH370 media statement

D

Deleted member 29185

Admittedly, that report was simply quoting a relative who made that comment. A sad story but given the area, will another search find anything more? At some point, it needs to be realised that spending huge amounts of money in a forlorn hope cannot continue indefinitely. It is a sad but true fact of life that some people will perish with no trace of their remains.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Article doesn't give much detail but I'd think a few problems with it
- doesnt appear to intersect with 7th arc
- plane would have to be flying much slower than normal cruise
- flying that close to Indonesia and Australia you would surely hit some Indonesian radar or Australias long range radar.

MEL_Traveller

AFF Supporter
Uh huh. The plane flew low and slow so the pilots could parachute out of the cockpit. Then the autopilot took the plane back up to 30,000 feet, killing all the passengers, and then flew toll it crashed.

At the very least the problem seems to be a motive.

juddles

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
The interpretation of the pings will always be subject to reevaluation. But I think that same thing is what disproves this new theory - I just don't think that a plotter would have predicted this tracking means.

I have insisted from day one this event was "simple". The pilot wanted to die. He used his skills to devise a way of trying to disappear from radar. He "disabled" the rest of the crew and everyone else using depressurising. Then he merrily set off due south into the never never.

trippin_the_rift

AFF Supporter
Article doesn't give much detail but I'd think a few problems with it
- doesnt appear to intersect with 7th arc
- plane would have to be flying much slower than normal cruise
- flying that close to Indonesia and Australia you would surely hit some Indonesian radar or Australias long range radar.
Like with EVERY other major disaster in recent history, things are never quite what they appear. My bet is that the truth is so unbelievable that 99.99% of the population wouldn't be able to accept it as fact.

jb747

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Uh huh. The plane flew low and slow so the pilots could parachute out of the cockpit. Then the autopilot took the plane back up to 30,000 feet, killing all the passengers, and then flew toll it crashed.

At the very least the problem seems to be a motive.
The pilots parachute out whilst the passengers were still alive? How? Cockpit windows? That would work...in no way whatsoever! And I guess the parachute were their hand luggage!

The autopilot won't climb the aircraft automatically.

You don't need silly conspiracy theories. Have a think about this: EgyptAir Flight 667 - Wikipedia

Melburnian1

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Geoffrey Thomas has an Airline Ratings website article debunking the Dane's views.

All very technical, but Mr Thomas quotes an 'unnamed expert.' It would be far better if the person concerned put his or her name to the comments. It may be unfair, but whenever I read media articles quoting 'sources' (especially prevalent in political stories), my first thought is often 'are these the reporter's views cleverly disguised?'

MEL_Traveller

AFF Supporter
Geoffrey Thomas has an Airline Ratings website article debunking the Dane's views.

All very technical, but Mr Thomas quotes an 'unnamed expert.' It would be far better if the person concerned put his or her name to the comments. It may be unfair, but whenever I read media articles quoting 'sources' (especially prevalent in political stories), my first thought is often 'are these the reporter's views cleverly disguised?'
No no. Far from that. ‘Sources’ will usually mean someone who wants to stay off the record. Journalistic integrity would prevent any good journalist from attempting to disguise their own views under such a banner.

When you see ‘sources’ quoted it usually means there is an actual source.

Himeno

AFF Supporter

Given the history of the stories author, I wouldn't be surprised to find the "unnamed expert" was Geoffrey Thomas.

jb747

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Sadly, like every other ‘theory’ we’ve heard about this, there’s precious little in the way of actual facts.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmhtreks