Mexico | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry

Hi seasoned travellers,

My son and I are travelling to Monterrey Mexico in November 2007 for 2 weeks.

Why Monterrey, older son is on exchange at the University there.

We are wanting to spend about a week in Monterrey and then go to a good surf spot - sons can surf and I can do the tourist things.

I am not getting much support from local travel agents - haven't found one yet that has been to Mexico and none that have anything other than basic knowledge of Mexico.

So would like some suggestions on places to stay (not 5 star but not hostel either;) ) Travel agent says we have to fly from Monterrey to Mexico City and then fly to Baja California - can this be correct?

Thanks
Kerry

bigjobs

hi there,

if you know someone in the US or Canada i'd ask them. Mexico is to North Americans what Bali is (or used to be) to australians.

perhaps your son can do some running around for you.

Febs

Established Member
kerry said:
So would like some suggestions on places to stay (not 5 star but not hostel either;) )
A colleague spent two weeks in Monterrey earlier this year and stayed at the Sheraton Ambassador (I was originally going to join him, but ended up staying in the US, and spending the weekend in Mexico City). I seem to remember he said it was decent, and I don't think it was too expensive:

Monterrey - Sheraton Ambassador Hotel
Ave. Hidalgo 310 Oriente · Monterrey, Nuevo Leon 64000 · Mexico
Phone: (52)(81) 8380 7000

Not 100% sure about the flights...but another option might be to fly from MTY to DFW, then to Baja. From memory there are MTY-DFW flights.

Cheers,
- Febs.

kerry

Thanks for the input. We are looking at all alternatives at the moment and these have added different destinations than I had thought of.
Kerry

meydeen09

hi Kerry I hope I read this on time, Im from Monterrey and actually I can help you in any way possible. Do you want to stay in a hotel? there are some in downtown Monterrey in a place called "Barrio Antiguo" in a very good price.
I can also help you with places to visit depending on what kind of activities you want to do.
In my case I have a friend who lives in New South Wales and wants to come to Monterrey, but have no idea of the procedures, can you help us? What does she have to do? does she need a passport? where does she get a mexican visa? Thank you very much for your help. Please email me to meydeen09@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GypsyTears