dpeter

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Oneworld
Emerald
Hi Guys,

I've go a Platinum Edge Amex & DJ's Amex. I want to close the DJ's Amex now i've got the Platinum Edge, when I close the DJ's card, can I increase the limit on my Platinum Edge card with the limit from the DJ's card?

I had two Platnuim edge cards, and closed one of them yesterday, automatically transferred the rewards points, and they asked if I wanted to transfer the existing credit limit on the card that I closed to the remaining card, to effectively double the credit limit, I said no, but Amex had no concerns at all in doing this.

I tried it with a DJ's Amex and they said no. They also said no to "transferring" from the DJ Amex to another "Amex" Amex.

I tried it with a DJ's Amex and they said no. They also said no to "transferring" from the DJ Amex to another "Amex" Amex.

Hand off the phone and try to call another time, don't expect everyone in call centre has the same experience knowledge.

They said they could only transfer the limit above the standard $2000 limit. i.e if my limit is $3000, they can transfer $1000 to my Platinum Edge.

To add my recent experience to the credit allocation issue at AMEX, I currently have a Plat charge, Plat Reserve (complimentary that stays in the drawer 365 days a year) and a Plat Edge as well (+1 Plat corporate card which is in my name but obviously isn't mine). The Edge is very new and I only applied for and received it few weeks back.

At the time my card arrived, I got another letter from AMEX saying that because I already have a credit card product with them, they are going to re-adjust the existing credit limits I have and then allocate that to the Edge. I thought that was naturally the correct thing for them to do so I was expecting the limit to come from my Reserve card because this is the only other 'credit' card I have with AMEX.

After a few weeks, the credit limit on my Reserve is still where it was before so either, they've not actually done what they were said they were going to do or alternatively, they took the limit out of my Plat charge which doesn't have a visible limit in the first place so I wouldn't know if they ever did something with this unless a charge declines, which I've never had before.

All I can say is, its a bit of a puzzling experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back