Melbourne- Tokyo flights

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by agfox46, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. agfox46

agfox46 Junior Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Victoria
    Has anyone recently travelled Melbourne-Tokyo return with Qantas? I've been told by a friend that these flights are rarely full which, if correct, would be a novel experience for me on an overseas flight from Australia

2. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Yes usually quiet full, there is additional flights sun,mon,wed,fri i think for just this reason. MEL departures are daytime and tend to be less busy than the SYD departures at night from my experience.
    QF international load figures the last few months have exceeded 80% avg !

As a general rule i have found that most flights to Europe and Asia have been busy, especially NRT,HKG,SIN, been on quiet a few sellout planes recently myself. Not sure about the US side of things but they are always popular so i am sure its the same story there.

E

3. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    :oops: :oops: Evan, is it my glass of wine or yours, I'm quiet confused...... The flights were full right?

4. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Hey, I only had 2 glasses, with a friend who drank the other 2, so thats 4 glasses to a bottle :)

Generally quiet full. Night flights seem to be fuller than day flights from what i have seen. The days with extra flights, the later flight will generally be quieter also.

I have only done the flight 8 times return in the last 12 months so its not a huge sample to be working from.

If you have the flight details you can check seatcounter or i can check EF and may give some indication.

Evan

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    "Oops I did it again"?

6. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Glad to see it wasn't just my 3 glasses of NV thinner....:p

7. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Oh Sh** !
    Time for an afternoon coffee i think.
    E

8. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    Thanks for making my afternoon. :p It's quiet funny when its not me for a change.... :D

9. agfox46

agfox46 Junior Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Victoria
    Thanks, Evan - Seatcounter indicates there are quite a few vacant seats but, as I'm not going until November, that's not really surprising

10. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Take a look at the discount seats available - might give an indication as well.

Also - check some similar dates closer to now. If over the next 6 weeks you see that "your" flight is pretty booked then it wouldn't be an unreasonable supposition that you migth expect a full flight when you do travel. Of course other factors like school holidays (VIC, NSW, Japan, USA and UK) might impact that.