Melbourne Drinks - 29th May | Page 4 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Melbourne Drinks - 29th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

notzac

Established Member
So where is everyone? If someone is here and sees an utterly confused person nursing a gin - that's probably me :|

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Thanks for the text message earlier this evening but I/we finally got home from Oz Fest this afternoon so there was no chance of being there. :(

Bundy Bear

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Thanks for the text message earlier this evening but I/we finally got home from Oz Fest this afternoon so there was no chance of being there. :(
It will be nice to have a weekend at home. :cool:

You will have to think of a new signature.

tuapekastar

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
At home now, had pleasant drinks with munitalP (and Mrs!), notzac, QF009 (and Matt). Will was due to show up not long after I had to leave.

Hope this becomes a regular event.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
I won't be able to make this.

After a week that has included an ambulance ride, 10 hours in emergency blah blah blah, I'm taking it quiet for a bit :)
I think so. I was discharged with what sounded like a diagnosis of "don't know"
I sincerely hope nothing too serious and everything turns out fine....

Will

Will was due to show up not long after I had to leave.
And indeed I did - a few late toddies in the city followed the initial Royce beverages. notzac and I had the dubious pleasure of narrowly avoiding being burnt as the barman spilt a 'Blazing Prince Charlie' all over us - it was, literally, on fire at the time. Good times.

notzac

Established Member
notzac and I had the dubious pleasure of narrowly avoiding being burnt as the barman spilt a 'Blazing Prince Charlie' all over us
Not nearly as interesting as it sounds :shock: .. quite an impressive beverage when it stays in the shaker/glass! Hope your jacket survived the incident, Will!

A very good evening, and I hope we can make a regular event of it! :)

Keith009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Indeed, indeed a great evening was had by all! :D Thanks for organising, munitalP!

Though as I've realised a 2nd time, it's not good to have excessive pre drinks prior to going out for AFF drinks. :-| Wolfed down a double whopper at HJ's to soak up some of the alcohol prior to heading to the Royce. Unfortunately I had to bail early on the post-Royce drinks at 1806 after seeing my burger again with my head in the toilet bowl. :shock: Before I got to enjoy my Sapphire Cilantro (ie best drink at 1806 EVER) which the bartender wouldn't serve to me despite my best efforts to appear sober. :(

Yes we need to make this a regular event. :) Though next time at a place that doesn't take nearly half the time to make cocktails. ;)

samh004

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Maybe I should've come, cocktails and getting well and truly intoxicated in a city not my own is just my thing.

Winter is a busy time for me across the Tasman, so provided I'm not away, I'd love to join in next time.

Sounds like you had fun. Last time I was in MEL I used a pounder at maccas to soak up the alcohol, before sleeping it off on a metal bench in the airport.

munitalP

Suspended
Flights
My Map
Thanks for those who came! QF009 + Partner, Notzac, Will, tuapekastar and of course Mrs muntalP. Great to meet a couple of new faces as well and please correct me if I'm wrong here, prior to Will arriving, the count was...

Beer, G&T and a couple of cocktails

then...

then...

A bottle of French Champane (thanks QF009) :D

then...

then...

Bottle of Barossa Shiraz and a Yarra Velley Chardy :D

then...

Bottle of Barossa Shiraz and a Yarra Velley Chardy :D

Oh my God! We are soo bad! :shock:

And I think there may well have been additional drinkies as Will arrived - I seem to have developed a serious head trauma somewhere around this time as I dont seem to remember too much after that!

Mr!

:cool:

Keith009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
That chardy was awesome. :) Probably did me in for the night too...:oops::D

tuapekastar

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
That chardy was awesome. :) Probably did me in for the night too...:oops::D
Yarraloch, from Yarra Valley as I recall (and from a member of the ABC - Anything But Chardonnay - club, it was actually quite nice). As to which year, no idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukaussie