Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

MEL Xmas dinner Sat 12 Dec 2020

Added to Calendar: 12-12-20

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Alrighty, I've booked the venue. We wont be able to take "bookings" until we have a better idea of what the restrictions (if any) will be. It may be that we can only have a small group, but they can move us around the venue depending on numbers and space requirements.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Alrighty, I've booked the venue. We wont be able to take "bookings" until we have a better idea of what the restrictions (if any) will be. It may be that we can only have a small group, but they can move us around the venue depending on numbers and space requirements.

I am interested , can say Gold at this time provided all restrictions are eased. Cheers

I love to travel

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Still hoping to make it.

This morning QF canceled all BNE/MEL flights for Nov.
Had to change all my bookings for the 3rd time :(

Borders better reopen by December!
That sounds either premature or not good as AJ knows something we don't. If I can get there, Gold for me (Bne based)

Millie

Where have you booked? Keen to join in if we are able to without restrictions!

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Yes, I had an email from Tazio this morning to say they had accidently left online bookings open - and someone had booked. Wasn't you was it? :p

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Yes, got an email from Tazio this morning to say they had accidently left online bookings open - and someone had booked. Wasn't you was it? :p
No but that is what prompted me to send them an email 😂

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Where have you booked? Keen to join in if we are able to without restrictions!

I also had the same question as I live in the western suburbs , keen to know the venue as with current restrictions Melbourne CBD is far from reach.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I also had the same question as I live in the western suburbs , keen to know the venue as with current restrictions Melbourne CBD is far from reach.
Looking at the last few posts (and the venue for a few of the last years), it is likely to be CBD - Tazio

Last edited:

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Tazio in the city. We obviously won’t be going ahead if the 5km rule still applies but that should be gone by then.

gwilli1

Established Member
Im Platinium , as long as it goes ahead & borders are open with no quarantine requirements when returning to Sydney . Have taken the punt and booked flights on VA using my AMEX comp flight. Now to keep fingers crossed.

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Im Platinium , as long as it goes ahead & borders are open with no quarantine requirements when returning to Sydney . Have taken the punt and booked flights on VA using my AMEX comp flight. Now to keep fingers crossed.

Good reminder on the VA Amex comp flight.

Thats if the Qld premier lets me visit Victoria.

blackcat20

Enthusiast
With the easing of restrictions both tonight and on November 8, this should now be able to go ahead. I'm just nutting out details with the venue to understand how many people can attend, which space is suitable etc. Once I have this info and we have things locked it, I'll open it up for bookings.

blackcat20

Enthusiast
It sounds like we have capacity for approximately 20 people in the large upstairs dining room, but this may be 25 depending on restrictions come December.
I'm just discussing our menu options with @JessicaTam and hopefully have news soon!

glasszon

Never joined an AFF event before, just a silly question: Is it a dinner where people talk about travel experience? Or is there an Agenda?

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

glasszon

I am quite keen to join, what's the Platinum/Gold/Silver/Copper status for? Most likely it will be myself + my wife if there's space left.

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I am quite keen to join, what's the Platinum/Gold/Silver/Copper status for? Most likely it will be myself + my wife if there's space left.
Just degrees of your likelihood of attending.

Bronze = Not attending
Silver = Probable not attending
Gold = Probably attending
Platinum = Definitely attending

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Once the organisers work out the details it will be posted here. It would be a good idea to "watch" this thread with immediate email.

Previous years have required prepayment to a bank a count (via bsb and account).

Last edited:

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhandinhbongdaseriea