MEL-BME-SYD fares

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by aspro2, Mar 6, 2006.

1. aspro2

aspro2 Member

Nov 26, 2004
    MEL
    A friend from overseas is coming down in August and wants to fly (SYD-)MEL-BME-SYD. There's a real paucity of comfortable QF connections on both legs, with many leaving very early or getting in very late. Current eDeal fares are about $380 and $400 for the two legs.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

DJ is ok via ADL for MEL-BME, but the only BME-SYD is via PER on a red-eye. Cost is $325 and $315 for the two legs.

The friend is allergic to the idea of doing a red-eye, so I was wondering whether the QF fares are likely to be much lower during any sales? And whether/when there would be sales on for mid-August. (I can't remember from previous years, and have never looked at BME before)

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    The visit Australia pass might be of some use:

http://www.oneworld.com/content/foreign_language/docs/English/English(UK)_VisitPass-Australia&NewZealand_A4.pdf

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    BME is rarely included in fare sales, except from PER. So I would not hold out much hope for sales of BME flights from SYD/MEL.

Can they get an overnight stopover on the DJ fares via PER?

4. aspro2

aspro2 Member

Nov 26, 2004
    MEL
    Thanks markis10. Looks like the QF fares would be pretty similar to the pass fares once taxes/surcharges are added to the latter.

And thanks for your comments, NM. I'll make him think more about the DJ option and permutations.