Mauritius - Round-the-World

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by bill_48er, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. bill_48er

bill_48er Newbie

Oct 9, 2007
    Hi

I will be wanting to visit Mauritius to do some family history research. I could also usefully visit the UK and Ireland for the same purpose, and would rather like to visit Seattle/Vancouver.

Going through the exercise of using points to fly only to Mauritius return, Qantas tries to route me via Hong Kong and others via Kuala Lumpur.

I have read that for around 150,000 points a One World round-the-world ticket is possible but I don't know about getting to Mauritius. Any advice please?

If any legs can be on BA, is it possible to upgrade to BA's class between economy and business, can't remember what it is called?

Cheers, Bill.

2. garyjohn951

garyjohn951 Active Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Melbourne
    There are only two flights to Mauritius on Oneworld.
    LON to Mauritius [daily]
    JNB to Mauritius [ not every day ]

3. bambbbam2

bambbbam2 Active Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Perth, WA
    Funny you mention this. I work with a gentleman who is from Mauritius and he is currently there visiting his mum (who still lives there)

Mauritius Airlines flies from Perth but don't think you can do that on points from here.

If you have any questions about the place let me know and when he is back at work next week I can ask him..

4. rhjames

rhjames Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Sydney
    I went through a similar exercise about a year ago when I went for my daughter's wedding, and ended up buying seats on Mauritius Air. This was the fastest and best way from Sydney. I couldn't find a way to use points, unless I went via South Africa, which would be a waste of distance and time. I figured there'd be better ways to use the points.

5. bill_48er

bill_48er Newbie

Oct 9, 2007
    Are JNB and Mauritius in the same zone or would, say, SYD - JNB - Mauritius be a backtrack? If not, I could do as above and then Maurtitius - LON and onwards.

Bill

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There are no limitations for backtracking with QF FF award flights. Points cost is just based on the sum of the distances for each "trip".