Malaysia Airlines booking system questions | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Malaysia Airlines booking system questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
A really basic question. Does anyone know if the MH booking system allows for the use of 2 FF numbers via FQTV and FQTS?

MH_fan

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
What do you mean by using 2 FF numbers? Like 2 different FF accounts for different flights on a single PNR?

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
What do you mean by using 2 FF numbers? Like 2 different FF accounts for different flights on a single PNR?
I mean using 2 different FF accounts on the same flight. One for status recognition and one for points earning.

MH_fan

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I've never had any problems with that. I often have my MH number in the booking for the miles accrual but flash my QF card for OWE benefits.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
I've never had any problems with that. I often have my MH number in the booking for the miles accrual but flash my QF card for OWE benefits.
I guess I've keep my OWE number in the booking to keep the dream of some sort of status related upgrade. I'm visiting an MH office tomorrow to have all the family MH numbers put into the booking. Just wonder what to do with my number. Either let the dream go; or is it easy to change numbers while checking in?

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
Ok this morning the family MH numbers have been added to the booking. I asked about FQTS ad FQTV. MH do have both fields, however I was advised the FQTS (status) field is not transferred to the airport and can't be seen or used by them.

As this is my first MH flight I've left my OWE number in the booking to see if any status benefits happen. Sacrificing 7000 MH points for this experiment.

MH_fan

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I recently got upgraded when I had my Enrich number in my booking and I recently went down to silver status.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
With 6 in the booking I'll be buying many lotto tickets if we get upgraded. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizzycc