Malaysia Airlines booking system questions | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Malaysia Airlines booking system questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
A really basic question. Does anyone know if the MH booking system allows for the use of 2 FF numbers via FQTV and FQTS?

MH_fan

AFF Supporter
What do you mean by using 2 FF numbers? Like 2 different FF accounts for different flights on a single PNR?

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
What do you mean by using 2 FF numbers? Like 2 different FF accounts for different flights on a single PNR?
I mean using 2 different FF accounts on the same flight. One for status recognition and one for points earning.

MH_fan

AFF Supporter
I've never had any problems with that. I often have my MH number in the booking for the miles accrual but flash my QF card for OWE benefits.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
I've never had any problems with that. I often have my MH number in the booking for the miles accrual but flash my QF card for OWE benefits.
I guess I've keep my OWE number in the booking to keep the dream of some sort of status related upgrade. I'm visiting an MH office tomorrow to have all the family MH numbers put into the booking. Just wonder what to do with my number. Either let the dream go; or is it easy to change numbers while checking in?

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
Ok this morning the family MH numbers have been added to the booking. I asked about FQTS ad FQTV. MH do have both fields, however I was advised the FQTS (status) field is not transferred to the airport and can't be seen or used by them.

As this is my first MH flight I've left my OWE number in the booking to see if any status benefits happen. Sacrificing 7000 MH points for this experiment.

MH_fan

AFF Supporter
I recently got upgraded when I had my Enrich number in my booking and I recently went down to silver status.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
With 6 in the booking I'll be buying many lotto tickets if we get upgraded. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwa