Macquarie Visa Platinum - 40,000 points for $5000 spend - $99 1st Yr Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops1

OK, hoping this deserves it's own thread, as I have been following an earlier offer in this thread, but has huge issues with utility and grocery spends for the 25k bonus points.
http://www.australianfrequentflyer....tions/macquarie-visa-plat-fee-free-45658.html

I followed the OP's link in the original post to find this....
Macquarie MPW Qantas Frequent Flyer exclusive offer

The offer is basically:
- 20,000pts for 1st spend before 30 Nov
- additional 20,000 for points $5000 spend in same period
- 1st year annual fee of $99 ($200 thereafter)
- includes the normal platinum benefits that are expected.

Been looking for an offer with a reasonable hit of bonus points at a low annual fee, and this seems to hit the mark. Thoughts on the offer ?

From the exclusive offer page:

• 20,000 Qantas Points for simply making an eligible purchase on your Macquarie Visa Platinum Card by 31 November 2013[SUP]*[/SUP]
  • an additional 20,000 Qantas Points when you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases by 31 November 2013

I hope nobody plans to make a purchase on the 31st November ;)

So is eligible purchases defined somewhere, I can't find it!

- There is absolutely no mention of utilities or groceries :).
- Eligible purchase(s) are mentioned for the 1st spend and total spend
- Of course transfers, cash advances and restricted transaction??? are not included.

They would be hard pressed to knock back normal cc spend that "rewards" normally are earned for, and if they did, then this would be a definite case of misleading advertising.
I don't think that will be the case at all.

Looks worth getting this card. Even for the sake of 40,000 points costing $99 only.

does anyone know if it is possible to pay with bpay using this card?

Thoughts on the offer ?
[h=3]"Confirmation[/h] Thank you for your Macquarie Bank Visa Card application"

Thank you very much :)

I am on the look-out for a new CC, given the disastour that applying for JetStar platinum's was.

Oh wait, this too is MacBank. Sigh.

From what I understand you give it on activation

Agree, I read that you quote it on activation as well.

Still waiting for my cards, no acknowledgment as yet, but I did ring and get my REF number and sent my payslips in, which they said they would need.

Excellent, thanks OP. Was looking for a new card anyway and you can't say no to 40,000 points for $99!

How tough is it to get credit with Macquarie/how generous are they? (Compared to, say, WBC, Citi, HSBC, <insert name>.)

I applied for this promotion on the 6th Aug and I still haven't heard back after I submitted my pay slips. Anyone had any news of approval/rejection yet?

I applied ages ago as well and have heard nothing!!!
I know they checked my credit record 2 days after the application though. I applied early august as well.

I know they checked my credit record 2 days after the application though. I applied early august as well.

Applied for JQMC a month or so ago, credit file was pinged by Macquarie about 2 days after the application. Got rejected. No payslips requested. Just a direct rejection. Credit file is clean, no defaults, not too many credit enquiries. I've heard tell about JQMC being rejected if one "earns too much" (i.e. seems like a customer who'll pay the balance in full).

Is there any point in pursuing it further (re. the JQMC) or applying for this credit card?

Same here, I applied early August and have not heard from them. They did not access my credit file either.

I just rang them and was put through to the Phillipines I am assuming. They stated they have been swamped with applications and they are taking longer than the usual 10 business days. They are allegedly still processing mine and I should wait a "few days".

I just rang them and was put through to the Phillipines I am assuming. They stated they have been swamped with applications and they are taking longer than the usual 10 business days. They are allegedly still processing mine and I should wait a "few days".

Perhaps they are stalling so that they can issue the cards in late October-middle November and make it more difficult for people to spend the required $5,000 to get the points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back