Macquarie based card glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

an*g-bne

Intern
Has anyone else already with the Hilton Macquarie Plat card just received an email from Macquarie saying that "Your Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card application has been approved"? I haven't applied for a card since my original successful application back in August 2016, but didn't get any approval email back then. The first I knew of the approval back then was when my Hilton status changed, then the card turned up in the mail.

Playing catch-up with their old emails perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Macquarie based cards glitch

Same issuer (Macquarie), different card though - I just got an email and an SMS saying my application for the Woolworths Money Qantas Platinum card has been approved (I had successfully applied in November).

Sounds like Macquarie is having some IT issues...

Has anyone else already with the Hilton Macquarie Plat card just received an email from Macquarie saying that "Your Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card application has been approved"? I haven't applied for a card since my original successful application back in August 2016, but didn't get any approval email back then. The first I knew of the approval back then was when my Hilton status changed, then the card turned up in the mail.

Playing catch-up with their old emails perhaps?

I woudn't be clicking on any link, but rather using the phone, in case the IT problems are external ;)

Got some emails today from macquarie based credit card entities telling me I'd been 'approved' for new cards - thing is I haven't invited any financial institutions to enjoy a percentage scrape of my spend recently. Called them and they said it was a glitch and have since messaged/emailed as much, but no mention of whether their glitch hit the credit reporting people up for a credit check, the phone operator wasn't able/willing to tell me. Anyone else seen this today, and have access to check their credit referencing online?

Re: Hilton HHonours Macquarie Platinum Card

Macquarie sent a follow up email and SMS said it's a mistake.
On a different note, the card is now Apple Pay compatible.

Yup, I got the same email and text messages. I phoned up and got the same spiel. I've checked my creditsavvy rating and can't see any new credit check. I'll check again next month to see if it's a timing thing.

The credit checks seem to reflect quite quickly these days on credit savvy, generally 3-5 days after initial application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back