Local Champion is back and now available for Qantas & Velocity cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallinch

Upon updating the Amex app on my iPhone today it now appears that Local Champion has returned and is now also available for Amex-Issued Qantas/Velocity cards. :)

I do have platinum edge and velocity platinum. I'm having difficulty register my velocity platinum. Always says try again later...

That will explain why I suddenly got Local Champion points the other day!

I didn't realise it had gone away. Mrs andye has been earning points last 3 months.
It has been easier to maintain Champion than when I was earning points when it first came out but it sounds like that could change if it is being actively promoted again

Difficulty (continuing) registering on my iPhone, and after updating my Amex app on the iPad whenever I try signing in it just sends me back to the home screen. :evil:

I've have continued to earn local champion points on my Platinum Edge for the last few months.

Local champion is now available on the latest Android app. I cannot register, but it is there at least.

Thanks for that. I updated my app and it looks like I might have bèen given another bite at the cherry (having obtained full quota of points a year or so ago)

I was able to register using the Android app this morning. My local Coles and Woolies are both in double digits to qualify but should not be to hard to beat.

I didn't realise it had gone away. Mrs andye has been earning points last 3 months.
It has been easier to maintain Champion than when I was earning points when it first came out but it sounds like that could change if it is being actively promoted again

Interesting to note that although I cracked the max 10,000MR from local champion and no longer receive points (doh!) my card was still registered against the promotion and I am still local champion at a few places I frequent.

Have now unregistered to hopefully give someone else a chance.

My local Coles has finally been added to the local champion list, it opened two years ago and was missing up until this update.

Checked this on the app last night - my local Coles had someone that had already made 34 transactions in the first day!

Thanks for that. I updated my app and it looks like I might have bèen given another bite at the cherry (having obtained full quota of points a year or so ago)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would involve at least $10,000 worth of purchases? Living the single life, I feel it's going to take me a while to put through that much on my Amex given I also use my Woolworths Qantas Platinum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would involve at least $10,000 worth of purchases? Living the single life, I feel it's going to take me a while to put through that much on my Amex given I also use my Woolworths Qantas Platinum.

My excuses are 4 hungry boys, a touch of oenophilia and supermarkets well-stocked with giftcards :)

Checked this on the app last night - my local Coles had someone that had already made 34 transactions in the first day!

So what is the start and end date for this promotion or is this a continually rolling month? Do you know how far in front of your nearest rival you are? ...just trying to get my head around it.

So what is the start and end date for this promotion or is this a continually rolling month? Do you know how far in front of your nearest rival you are? ...just trying to get my head around it.

No fixed start (except when you register) and end (unless you get 10k bonus points or Amex stop it)

You know if you are behind but not how far ahead

Last edited:
Two days in and I am starting to hunt down the existing local champions in my area. They should be mine by the end of next week. The advantage of living and working within a couple of hundred metres of the stores I suppose. If this had appeared about two weeks ago (prior to the Coles MC gift deal) I would have been laughing.

It is interesting to see the variance between some Coles and Woolies stores. Some very large and popular stores have very low targets. A few iOS local champions are going to get a shock now the pool of potential competitors has tripled with inclusion of Android users.

Two days in and I am starting to hunt down the existing local champions in my area. They should be mine by the end of next week. The advantage of living and working within a couple of hundred metres of the stores I suppose. If this had appeared about two weeks ago (prior to the Coles MC gift deal) I would have been laughing.

It is interesting to see the variance between some Coles and Woolies stores. Some very large and popular stores have very low targets. A few iOS local champions are going to get a shock now the pool of potential competitors has tripled with inclusion of Android users.

I don't Local Champ at WW as use Ent Book giftcards.

I do have 4 very local Coles but focus on one and buy CGM giftcards there to use at the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back