Local Champion is back and now available for Qantas & Velocity cards | Page 12 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Local Champion is back and now available for Qantas & Velocity cards

andye

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I managed to get a second go when they relaunched. Have not focussed on it so much but am 415 points away from a second 10k

DeKa

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
If a business simply doesn't show up on Local Champion (even after spending there once or twice) will Amex add them if you call and mention it?

liamsal

Flights
My Map
If a business simply doesn't show up on Local Champion (even after spending there once or twice) will Amex add them if you call and mention it?
I tried this a few months ago and they said they are not adding new businesses at this time (FWIW it was a Coles that was <12 months old)

whatmeworry

Established Member
Try going to the map on the app and searching the area the business is in.

Becky B

I am LC at my local Coles and have been for 4 months after registering with my Amex plat. My friend used my referral and got her Amex plat 3 weeks ago and is now LC at the same Coles and has been for 2 weeks! LC is a mess and has been for sometime. I got to 5000 points on my discovery card last year, then it stopped working. After pestering Amex for 3 weeks they gave me a point adjustment of 5000 points to make me go away. 4 weeks later LC started working again!

DeKa

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Try going to the map on the app and searching the area the business is in.
Tried that. It's the only store on a corner of two roads but no dot shows up on the app's map unfortunately.

DeKa

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Local Champion has disappeared from my Amex app menu. Am I the only one?

whatmeworry

Established Member
Tried that. It's the only store on a corner of two roads but no dot shows up on the app's map unfortunately.
I contacted AMEX via FB and they mentioned contacting them direct if a trader is not showing up on the LC list/map.

My local Supermarket lost AMEX due to financial problems. AMEX is back there but the LC linkage looks like it's gone. Contacted AMEX to see if they can reconnect it.

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
first time local champion user
randomly went to a bar, while in the toilet saw that it was a local champion eligibile with 2 transactions

added it to my places,
made about 5 transactions, this morning, it says im local champion

am I likely to get those bonus points on the last 3 transactions?
as it says 0 local champion points at this stage

Mr_Orange

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
first time local champion user
randomly went to a bar, while in the toilet saw that it was a local champion eligibile with 2 transactions

added it to my places,
made about 5 transactions, this morning, it says im local champion

am I likely to get those bonus points on the last 3 transactions?
as it says 0 local champion points at this stage
Yes. LC points post a few days after the transaction points.

andye

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
If you are lucky you will get all 5 (doesnt happen always though)

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
thanks everyone

its not many points at all, but its a nice little challenge to try and get some extra points!

perthjay85

Flights
My Map
thanks everyone

its not many points at all, but its a nice little challenge to try and get some extra points!

It adds up.
In under 3 I have accumulated over 600 bonus points.
LC @
Woolworths
Coles
Officeworks
Bunnings
Local Garden centre
and local deli

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
It adds up.
In under 3 I have accumulated over 600 bonus points.
LC @
Woolworths
Coles
Officeworks
Bunnings
Local Garden centre
and local deli
Way to go!! I cant be local champion at my supermatkets, I need way too many to get LC

I have a $4000 bill that I have to pay on behalf of someone , im 2 transactions away from it, im hoping to do say $20 x 2 to get the champion and then put the rest on the bill,
hope this works
I

perthjay85

Flights
My Map
Way to go!! I cant be local champion at my supermatkets, I need way too many to get LC

I have a $4000 bill that I have to pay on behalf of someone , im 2 transactions away from it, im hoping to do say $20 x 2 to get the champion and then put the rest on the bill,
hope this works
I
to become local champion at my nearest Woolworths I had to do 20 transactions. took less than a week. Split up your shopping into 3 lots haha.
do all of your small stuff in the first lot of transactions and save any non necessary larger purchases for when you are LC

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
to become local champion at my nearest Woolworths I had to do 20 transactions. took less than a week. Split up your shopping into 3 lots haha.
do all of your small stuff in the first lot of transactions and save any non necessary larger purchases for when you are LC
hmm i wish I had to spend 1000s at my local woolworths :)

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm a local champion at Dan Murphys :D

There's not much competition it seems in my area.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutricollector