Not open for further replies.

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hi all,

Just noticed when I go into Local champion on my AMEX App, it says the program has closed.. I didn't receive any notification from AMEX about it.
Anyone else heard about this?

Hi all,

Just noticed when I go into Local champion on my AMEX App, it says the program has closed.. I didn't receive any notification from AMEX about it.
Anyone else heard about this?
Still appearing on my App
Have you maxed out your LC points?

Still working for me. I've only earned 4,800 or so local champion points, I believe the limit is 10,000.

Still appearing on my App
Have you maxed out your LC points?

The icon still appears in the App, just when I tap on the icon it comes up with a message.
I have maxed out my LC points, but usually there is a message about my points being maxed out.
Now it just says LC is closed.

This is the message I get, I will have to contact them to see what is going on!

Attachments

• Amex Au.jpg
    Amex Au.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 30
GONE.

Email from Amex: In February 2021, Local Champion will end and no longer be available to use within the Amex AU App. In addition, there will be no new enrolments into Local Champion from 12 November 2020. This includes existing enrollees who may need to enrol their Cards again.

Got an email from AMEX saying local champion will no longer be available from February 2021, and that new registrations for the program closed on November 12, 2020.
Such a shame that Local Champion will be no more. It was always a fun incentive.

Saddened by this news.
Was a nice little bonus points earner - used it as much as possible to pay for energy bills, the local supermarket, and various other places that I happened to stumble upon (mostly restaurants). In the grand scheme of things, an extra point per $ isn't worth much but when your spending isn't at business levels, every point counts (towards those elusive long-haul F redemptions).

Another nail in the coffin for AmEx, what a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back